Month's Goal: $300, Received: $0 - (0%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 4536 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Charles F. Gordon Pocket Watch

Your watch is probably a "private label," and Charles Gordon is the name of the jeweler that sold it, and not the person/company that manufactured the watch. There's a nice explanation of private labels at http://www.interstatetime.com/PrivateLabels/PL_Main.htm that you might want to look at.

To figure out who actually manufactured your watch, a picture or two would help to identify it (there's instructions on "how to post images" in the upper right hand corner of the page).

John

Cary

Default Charles F. Gordon Pocket Watch (RE: John F)

There was either an Illinois or Hamilton private label on Ebay about a month ago, that was a sidewinder and I believe it was Charles Gordon. I remeber because I live about 2 hours from there and wanted the watch, but let it go, again, I think it was a sidewinder as it was a pretty reasonable price but jumped up a little at the end.

There was also a private label from Helena Arkansas that I really wanted, as thats where my family is from...But you gotta eat and keep the lights on...

Cary