Month's Goal: $300, Received: $350.00 - (117%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 2976 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    107WestStreet

Default Erhard Jauch Uhrenfabrik grandfather emperor clock co

Anyone familiar with the above grandfather clock movement. Looking for a pendulum. I have almost the same movement made by Hermle but the crutch is different. The Erhard Jauch Uhrenfabrik crutch provides a narrow slot that would hold the typical pendulum at 90 to the direction it should be? Is there a special pendulum leader for this type of clock? I can send a photo, if only I can figure out how?

107WestStreet

Default Erhard Jauch Uhrenfabrik grandfather emperor clock co (RE: 107WestStreet)

Anyone familiar with the above grandfather clock movement. Looking for a pendulum. I have almost the same movement made by Hermle but the crutch is different. The Erhard Jauch Uhrenfabrik crutch provides a narrow slot that would hold the typical pendulum at 90 to the direction it should be? Is there a special pendulum leader for this type of clock? I can send a photo, if only I can figure out how?

107WestStreet

Default Erhard Jauch Uhrenfabrik grandfather emperor clock co (RE: 107WestStreet)

I found the suspension assemble on another clock.
    I am trying to locate it at Timesavers. The strange part is the top piece that is a hook divided down the middle so that it can loop over the suspension spring. It may be the Pendulum leader-Hermle number 15895.

107WestStreet

A Ronell clock I found something that looks like it. The only thing is to get the length,I guell I will have to guess it while setting it up.

http://ronellclockcompany.bnetsoftware.com/bNetStore/Te...aram10=4076&Param5=2

Mark A. Butterworth

If you are looking for the pendulum, it is about 31 inches tip to tip. If you are also looking for the leader, an etailer www.rareparts.com sells parts to used movemnts. Also, Bob Pecci advertises in the MART.

If you are looking for the pendulum, it is about 31 inches tip to tip. If you are also looking for the leader, an etailer www.rareparts.com sells parts to used movemnts.
    Actually the link is www.rarepartsdirect.com

Jeff Major

Mark A. Butterworth

Thanks for the correction. I did it frommemory and am embarrassed about not checking it first. Keeps me humble.

newcat

I admit I don't bother with new clock sales so much of the current manufacturer situations are new to me. I saw at the website that Ridgeway was purchased by Howard Miller. I thought they were bought by Bulova! It seems like the worst place you could invest now is a clock company!
    That adage "The best way to make a little money in the clock business is to start with a lot of money" is getting truer by the day. I continue to receive letters from Hermle that sure give the appearance of desperation.
    I imagine from here on in things are probably going to spiral downward. I was one who always challenged the dying craft stuff.
    However, this clock company stuff; I saw in the recent controller report about the decline in revenues at the NAWCC School; AWI doesn't seem to really be getting it together; It sure
    isn't painting any type of bright picture. A few weeks ago one of the participants on this board commented about the throw away society not wanting to be bothered with repair and cost when they can buy a new quartz clock. I checked my client list, my average customer age is 43!
    I have a huge business and it is 43! So much for this surge of interest in history and collecting spurred by the Antiques Roadshow! Which btw, if you are a frequent viewer will see that the average participant seems to mirror the geezer age of NAWCC.
    I guess us, as restorers and the organizations especially had better start making some very serious efforts if they want to remain viable entities.

newcat

What are you doing to attract younger customers? What do you think the organizations should be doing to get that fresh blood?

Hi, Just today I looked at a "Emperor" grandfather clock much like the one you are seeking info on. I brought home with me the original booklet that came with this mans clock which he and his son put together from a kit in 1983. I am also seeking help finding parts for this clock. I could e-mail you copies of this clock booklet if you think it would help. This clock book says it is a model 101 high pallet bridge, 8 day weight driven, chain wind, full westminster chime clock. I neglected to write down the actual info from the movement so I am not sure about the parts I need. I do know the CT cyl is worn, also the hammer assembly cams are worn. However, S.LaRose cat. asks what series the clock is and I have no clue. The only thing the book says is model 101. If you would like me to send copies of the book, let me know. Dennis

107WestStreet

That is very generious of you! Do you mean to scan it?

Yes, I will scan it and forward the results to you. There is some info on the pendulum. It is 8 pages, (4 w/dbbl sides). I would gladly do it. Dennis

Here is my e-mail address. Send me an e-mail and I will forward the pics to you. Dennis

Guess I could include the e-mail huh?
    dlemon@woh.rr.com

NC
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What are you doing to attract younger customers? What do you think the organizations should be doing to get that fresh blood? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I think your question deserves a topic of it's own. A good question, I think, that deserves discussion, but not in this thread.
    Bill