Month's Goal: $300, Received: $350.00 - (117%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 4171 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Rockford Serial Number List

I've roughed out a serial number list for Rockford movements above 824000. Roy Ehrhardt has previously published a similar list, but since mine was arrived at using data totally independent of his it may be of some additional benefit to the Rockford collecting community. I also hope that, in the long run, it will turn out to be more complete and accurate.

just follow the link

http://hometown.aol.com/gfrauen10/rocklist.html

The middle part of the Rockford serial number list (approx. 200,000 to 824,000), which was compiled by the company itself and published in their material catalogs, is reasonably accurate, but it does have a few gaps that need to be filled in and some errors (e. g. the grade 501 typo). I have collected some data for this region as well that will be posted in the near future.

The early part of Rockford's production is problematic and will require large amounts of data to get a reasonable handle on. Roger Weiss has been working on this area for many years.

Anyway, just some info for the interested Rockford buffs out there.

Greg Frauenhoff

My Watch Site

Default Rockford Serial Number List (RE: Greg Frauenhoff)

I've roughed out a serial number list for Rockford movements above 824000. Roy Ehrhardt has previously published a similar list, but since mine was arrived at using data totally independent of his it may be of some additional benefit to the Rockford collecting community. I also hope that, in the long run, it will turn out to be more complete and accurate.

just follow the link

http://hometown.aol.com/gfrauen10/rocklist.html

The middle part of the Rockford serial number list (approx. 200,000 to 824,000), which was compiled by the company itself and published in their material catalogs, is reasonably accurate, but it does have a few gaps that need to be filled in and some errors (e. g. the grade 501 typo). I have collected some data for this region as well that will be posted in the near future.

The early part of Rockford's production is problematic and will require large amounts of data to get a reasonable handle on. Roger Weiss has been working on this area for many years.

Anyway, just some info for the interested Rockford buffs out there.

Greg Frauenhoff

My Watch Site

Great data! Thanks.
    Jerry Treiman, NAWCC member since 1971
    Charter member of Pocket Horology Chapter 174

Great list Greg!

I will pass along any numbers I run across. Looks like you have this run pretty well covered but heres one you might want for the dial variation:

858144 : Grade 655 Wind Indicator (Double Sunk U/D Dial)

Fred
    Fred Hansen
    NAWCC #109682

Fred,

Thanks for the datum.

Greg

Greg Frauenhoff

My Watch Site