Goal: $300, Received: $55.00 (18%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Gruen Curvex hands

I'm looking for a pair of these hands for my Curvex cal 330. Does anyone know what these are called? Any help in finding a pair is very appreciated! Thanks guys!

As you can see I do not need a pair of mint hands
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-7Znkknj.jpg 
Views:	1027 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	349675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-2rB6Snn-L.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	349676  

Default Re: Gruen Curvex hands (By: Chris Moy)

I found the following information in the Gruen 453 Material Catalog. I hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gruen Watch Hands.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	430.9 KB 
ID:	349769  

Default Re: Gruen Curvex hands (By: 18k BPH)

One of the members over at vintagegruen.org will likely have what you need.

Your best bet for replacement hands these days is....
    Jules Borel

They will sell individual hands, hour and minute, that will fit this watch.

However, it's the LEAF style hands that they carry which were used on most Gruen watches, including the early Curvexes.

I am unsure if they currently stock the BATON style hands you have. Be careful when ordering that their definition of Baton and Gruens are the same.

The hole diameter measurements you are looking for are hours 65 and minute 120. The second hand hole is 26.

If you have original hands to measure, all the better. The length will depend on your watch. You can measure the existing hands if you have them. If not, the measurement is done from the middle of the hole, so you could measure where you want them using your dial and a ruler.

Default Re: Gruen Curvex hands (By: 18k BPH)

Thanks 18K BPH!

Quote Originally Posted by 18k BPH View Post
    I found the following information in the Gruen 453 Material Catalog. I hope this helps!
    - - - Updated - - -

I'll give them a try. Thanks MINI!

Quote Originally Posted by MINI View Post

Default Re: Gruen Curvex hands (By: MikeBarnett)

Thanks Mike! I don't have the original hands but the ones I have on the watch now seem to fit very well. I will measure theses for the length. I believe the second hand I have now is the correct one. I guess if they sell a set I might as well replace them all so they match.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBarnett View Post
    Your best bet for replacement hands these days is....
    Jules Borel

They will sell individual hands, hour and minute, that will fit this watch.

However, it's the LEAF style hands that they carry which were used on most Gruen watches, including the early Curvexes.

I am unsure if they currently stock the BATON style hands you have. Be careful when ordering that their definition of Baton and Gruens are the same.

The hole diameter measurements you are looking for are hours 65 and minute 120. The second hand hole is 26.

If you have original hands to measure, all the better. The length will depend on your watch. You can measure the existing hands if you have them. If not, the measurement is done from the middle of the hole, so you could measure where you want them using your dial and a ruler.

I measured through the crystal. I know it's not the the best way. I couldn't wait to go home LOL Man, these hands are small! It looks like from the center to the tip of the hand/minute track on dial is 6.5mm for the minute hand and 4.5mm for the hour hand.

Default Re: Gruen Curvex hands (By: MINI)

Thanks MINI!

Quote Originally Posted by MINI View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Moy View Post
    I measured through the crystal. I know it's not the the best way. I couldn't wait to go home LOL Man, these hands are small! It looks like from the center to the tip of the hand/minute track on dial is 6.5mm for the minute hand and 4.5mm for the hour hand.
    Nice work!

So, when shopping for replacement hands, you'll want something marked "11mm" or close to that.

Looking on eBay I found a pair of Gruen Baton Gilt hands measuring 12mm meant for a 311. Searching for "gruen gilt baton hands" will get you a list to choose from.

I think this is what you want to find if you want the best chance for matching them perfectly.

I'm in no way affiliated with any of these ebay sellers.

Default Re: Gruen Curvex hands (By: MikeBarnett)

Thanks so much Mike!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBarnett View Post
    Nice work!

So, when shopping for replacement hands, you'll want something marked "11mm" or close to that.

Looking on eBay I found a pair of Gruen Baton Gilt hands measuring 12mm meant for a 311. Searching for "gruen gilt baton hands" will get you a list to choose from.

I think this is what you want to find if you want the best chance for matching them perfectly.

I'm in no way affiliated with any of these ebay sellers.