Goal: $300, Received: $115.00 (38%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Another clock ID.

Awash in old clocks. Anyone recognize this one?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clock ID (2).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	346819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clock ID (3).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	348.7 KB 
ID:	346820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clock ID.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	340.0 KB 
ID:	346821

Default Re: Another clock ID. (By: Emil66)

Hello Emil,

It is a bit difficult identifying this clock as each clock made 25+ model variations like this during 1890s. Is there any company name stamped on the movement? Unfortunately it is standard looking period time/strike/alarm movement. The good thing is the case appears to be in good condition and not missing any of the decorative wood pieces.

Andy Dervan

Default Re: Another clock ID. (By: Emil66)

Tran Duy Ly's book on E.Ingraham clocks shows one like this with the same glass and one variation on the case. Page 301 ...It is called the INGOT.

The case in Tran's shows 3 buttons going up the clock on the left and right...Yours shows that the top buttons in this sequence might have been replaced with a square wood pyramid.

Yours might have been altered along the way.

Default Re: Another clock ID. (By: Dick C)

The clock appears to have the patented gong with a flat coil. The sound from these is more melodious than the clang from a coiled wire. The Ingraham I have has a similar gong that is adjustable for volume of the sound. I have forgotten who got the patent on the gong. Was it Gale?

Default Re: Another clock ID. (By: John Arrowood)

Quote Originally Posted by John Arrowood View Post
    The Ingraham I have has a similar gong that is adjustable for volume of the sound. I have forgotten who got the patent on the gong. Was it Gale?
    Are you thinking of George Owen, perhaps? I know he received a patent for an adjustable gong. There have been at lest a couple of articles on this. One is in the June 1995 Bulletin beginning on page 360. A necessary correction was published in the October 1995 Bulletin on page 661.
    “If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out.” - Oscar Wilde

Default Re: Another clock ID.

Yes, the name is George Owen. And my clock is a Gilbert, not an Ingraham. Brain misfire on my part and too much effort to bend over and pull the clock out of a pile in a closet.
    Last edited by John Arrowood; 06-15-2017 at 07:32 PM.