Goal: $300, Received: $90.00 (30%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Waltham A.T.&Co.

Hi,
    I have just purchased a watch that is marked AT&Co. 17j , 18s, L/S, ser # 11527335. The lookup shows that only 3000 produced, but also list it as a Premier Grade, what is that
    I was thinking it is very close to a CPR serial number, but not marked as such.
    Any info on this ser number and anything about the watch itself other than what the lookup states, would be appreciated. I will post pictures when it comes.
    Thanks,
    Bill

Default Re: Waltham A.T.&Co.

Is yours marked "Premier"? Apparently there are few that are marked that way, and they show up from runs listed as either "ATCo" or "Premier". And it looks like there are more marked ATCo in the runs listed as Premier than there are are ones actually marked Premier, per this thread ... http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?2...t=ATCo+Premier

This article states the Premier marked movements were adjusted to 5 positions instead of the normal 3 positions. http://mb.nawcc.org/showwiki.php?tit...p__Co__Premier

So if it's it's marked Premier that would make it a relatively scarce item.
    Last edited by Dave Chaplain; 05-18-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    Member Chapter 149

Default Re: Waltham A.T.&Co. (By: Dave Chaplain)

Unfortunately it is marked an ATC, but it was just listed in the lookup as a Premier, and I did not know what a Premier was, as I have not seen one.
    Thanks Dave,
    Bill

Default Re: Waltham A.T.&Co. (By: Bill Manders)

No problem Bill, and your question made me look at mine, and at whatever other info was available, and then resulted in my communicating a possibly new "earliest seen" serial number! I guess that's the way it works here ...
    Member Chapter 149

Default Re: Waltham A.T.&Co. (By: Dave Chaplain)

I would like to imagine seeing that it is marked in the run of Premiers, that it would be adjusted to 5 positions
    Bill

Default Re: Waltham A.T.&Co. (By: Bill Manders)

I know how you feel - that happens to all of us at one time or another. But I can't say.
    Member Chapter 149