Goal: $300, Received: $165.00 (55%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Rotary Reverso without split stems battery replacement

Does anyone have any information on Rotary Reverso Battery change (this is for older models without split stems).

I am unable to find any documentation on the older revero's and how to change their batteries.

Default Re: Rotary Reverso without split stems battery replacement (By: jmarley)

Good clocks always know the time, that's what they tell.

Bad clocks get glued with macaroni, in Steampunk Hell.

Ahh, the crunchy sound of victory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGaVUApDVuY

Registered user.

Default Re: Rotary Reverso without split stems battery replacement (By: RJSoftware)

Quote Originally Posted by RJSoftware View Post
    Well that is one clown that I would never take a watch to for a battery change, the only useful thing with the video is he shows how the watch is fitted together.

He uses hairspring tweezers to prise the crown and stem out, I hope those are old tweezers because they are useless for hairspring work afterwards.

But the main thing that bugs the hell out of me is he is picking those batteries up with metal tweezers, across the contacts!!!, Typical mall battery changer.

Default Re: Rotary Reverso without split stems battery replacement (By: dAz57)

I don't know if this is the older one but the stem was not split stem but does forcefully come out like one. I know the typical split stem looks like but not sure if this watch is different. I wonder if he was to push a release button instead of forcing the stem out as many typical quartz. I'll have to review it again.
    RJ

Default Re: Rotary Reverso without split stems battery replacement

Quote Originally Posted by dAz57 View Post
    Well that is one clown that I would never take a watch to for a battery change, the only useful thing with the video is he shows how the watch is fitted together.

He uses hairspring tweezers to prise the crown and stem out, I hope those are old tweezers because they are useless for hairspring work afterwards.

But the main thing that bugs the hell out of me is he is picking those batteries up with metal tweezers, across the contacts!!!, Typical mall battery changer.
    Lol! I wouldn't send my watch to any of them that I've seen on YouTube. It's also a big reason why I decided to learn how to take care of my own watches.

Robert

Default Re: Rotary Reverso without split stems battery replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Accutronica View Post
    Lol! I wouldn't send my watch to any of them that I've seen on YouTube. It's also a big reason why I decided to learn how to take care of my own watches.

Robert
    I should correct that to most that I've seen, rather than all people on Youtube. I'm sure I haven't seen them all. Also one old guy I saw and liked is deceased. And one I like and subscribed to is in the UK and I wouldn't want to mail a watch overseas.

Default Re: Rotary Reverso without split stems battery replacement (By: Accutronica)

At 3:49 of video is clear shot of back of movement that first come out. I think I see the hole with the dimpled lever for the push in release. But examining the video it does appear the stem has to be forcefully extracted. Unless maybe the other side had the split stem.

Now I am wondering what kind of quartz movements this can be done to because the stem looked like a typical quartz stem. I have no real objection to the use of tweezers to do this. Seemed like he used a more meatier section to pull the stem anyway. Just surprised it could be done this way.

As to the guys skill level, well, he stumbled a bit. Momentary contact of the tweezers across the battery probably didn't cause much of a power loss. Probably should of had on finger cots and use of a movement holder would have been more professional.

Not such a big deal to me. I guess because it's not my high dollar watch.

RJ

Default Re: Rotary Reverso without split stems battery replacement (By: RJSoftware)

I appreciate that video link- I had seen that, but it's for one of the newer Rotary watches- whereas I was looking for information on one of the older watches without the split stem.

There just seems to be a dearth of information on the older reversos...