Goal: $300, Received: $90.00 (30%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ship a movement

  1. #1

    Default Ship a movement

    Is there anybody in Europe that would ship me a movement that I what to buy from a guy (Joke Klokonderdelen) that has a movement that I want to buy but will only ship to Europe.
    I will have him ship it to you then pay you to ship it to me in the United States.
    Sounds stupid but I have been looking for this movement for 5 yours.
    Please help
    Thank you
    Lloyd

  2. #2
    Registered user. THTanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: TEACLOCKS)

    Check out these folks and similar - it is a commercial mail box forwarding service similar to one I used in London once. You also get secure and traceable handling

    https://www.mailboxforwarding.com/forwardingrates.php

    Quote Originally Posted by TEACLOCKS View Post
    Is there anybody in Europe that would ship me a movement that I what to buy from a guy (Joke Klokonderdelen) that has a movement that I want to buy but will only ship to Europe.
    I will have him ship it to you then pay you to ship it to me in the United States.
    Sounds stupid but I have been looking for this movement for 5 yours.
    Please help
    Thank you
    Lloyd
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - The Great One

  3. #3
    Registered User hemioutlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North.Texas
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: TEACLOCKS)

    If the blokes willing to package and post it, then why would the final destination matter since you are incurring all the cost's. Some people make life so damn difficult.

    Though they've been killing me on shipping costs, I have found that all branches of mbe (mail boxes etc) that I've dealt with all over the UK are willing to gather up item's, package and post them. So long as this isn't a long case movement expect to pay anywhere from 80 to 100 British pounds for this service though.
    Back the Blue!

  4. #4
    Registered user. ballistarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbao, Basque Country
    Posts
    670

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: TEACLOCKS)

    Lloyd,
    I'm going to ship a woodworks movement to the States next week. Therefore, I'll have the lesson already freshly learned. Once I bought a clock from the UK and the seller sent me two by mistake. I shipped the second one from here, Spain, to its real destiny, Singapore...
    If the movement is not that of a tower clock, I volunteer...

    Aitor
    It's all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever. Steiner

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: hemioutlaw)

    Quote Originally Posted by hemioutlaw View Post
    If the blokes willing to package and post it, then why would the final destination matter since you are incurring all the cost's. Some people make life so damn difficult.

    Though they've been killing me on shipping costs, I have found that all branches of mbe (mail boxes etc) that I've dealt with all over the UK are willing to gather up item's, package and post them. So long as this isn't a long case movement expect to pay anywhere from 80 to 100 British pounds for this service though.

    blokes ? What is that

  6. #6
    Registered User ClipClock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    1,534

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: TEACLOCKS)

    Quote Originally Posted by TEACLOCKS View Post
    blokes ? What is that
    Bloke is another word for a guy or man....

  7. #7
    Moderator leeinv66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Launceston Tasmania
    Posts
    7,693
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: ClipClock)

    Yep, Clip is right! It is a slang word for man used in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK. Here is an interesting write up: Click Here
    Cheers
    Peter R Lee: AKA (Pee-Tah) from Australia

  8. #8
    Registered user. THTanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: leeinv66)

    A policeman friend in Australia used to tell a bad pun regarding their rules on men arresting women. The bad pun rule was -

    If it ain't bloke don't frisk it.



    Quote Originally Posted by leeinv66 View Post
    Yep, Clip is right! It is a slang word for man used in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK. Here is an interesting write up: Click Here
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - The Great One

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: THTanner)

    Even I know about Blokes, mates and Frannie is your aunt and bob is your uncle, and that I am just now getting a mite Gobby...
    Dave.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Ship a movement (By: PWfanatik)

    As I was talking to these guys (Joke-Klokonderdelen) trying to figure out how to ship a Gustav Becker movement to me in the United States they sold the movement I wanted to some one else.
    Nice, Real nice

Similar Threads

  1. Seth Thomas Ships Bell Movement 115A
    By Hezekiah in forum Clock Repair
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:32 PM
  3. Seth Thomas ships clock movement
    By Bob Reichel in forum Clock Repair
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 12:18 PM
  4. salem ships clock movement SC301
    By jdon_07675 in forum Clocks General.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 01:45 PM
  5. Need United ship electromagnetic movement
    By Chris in forum Electric Horology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •