Goal: $300, Received: $90.00 (30%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default New clock - id help needed

Hi all,
    I Just won this clock on Ebay and after an hour of searching the web have failed to identify it.
    Could anyone please help with any info as its missing the suspension and I would like to order parts before the clock arrives in the post, also is there something missing from the suspension bracket?
    This will be my third 400 day clock, the last two where given away as gifts but this one I think I will Keep!
    I would greatly appreciate any help you can give, many thanks,
    Steve Preston
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	947739718_o.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	343688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	947739733_o.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	343689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	947739741_o.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	343690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	947739750_o.jpg 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	343691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	947739695_o.jpg 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	343692  

Last edited by John Hubby; 05-15-2017 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Removed oversize photos

Principal Administrator John Hubby's Avatar

Default Re: New clock - id help needed (By: spresto9)

Quote Originally Posted by spresto9 View Post
    Hi all,
    I Just won this clock on Ebay and after an hour of searching the web have failed to identify it.
    Could anyone please help with any info as its missing the suspension and I would like to order parts before the clock arrives in the post, also is there something missing from the suspension bracket?
    This will be my third 400 day clock, the last two where given away as gifts but this one I think I will Keep!
    I would greatly appreciate any help you can give, many thanks,
    Steve Preston
    Steve, thanks for posting your inquiry and the photos of your clock. You have a Kienzle Plate 1601, however I was not able to decipher the serial number to be able to date it accurately. If you could post a clear photo of the number or just post it here that will help a lot. The pendulum is also a Kienzle but doesn't have a matching serial number so it isn't original to the clock even though it is the correct pendulum.

Your suspension is missing the "C" gimbal that clamps to the suspension spring, that will need to be replaced before your clock can work. You may be able to obtain a replacement from Horolovar or one of our members may be able to help.

I'll post more after you provide confirmation of the serial number.

Default Re: New clock - id help needed (By: John Hubby)

Thanks John thats very helpful Ill post more the serial No. when I recive the clock.
    Cherrs Steve

I was missing the C gimbal on a JUF clock. I was able to buy one from an ebay seller in Australia. He makes batches of these and they are excellent replacements and he was very easy to work with. Search ebay for "jahresuhr suspension block".

Kurt

Default Re: New clock - id help needed (By: KurtinSA)

Thanks its on order! any idea what fork and bottom block would be sutible?
    Cheers Steve

Hi all,
    I now have the clock in my possession and the serial no. is 136400 so any more info would be greatly appreciated.
    Someone has been at this one!
    Having striped the clock I find that the eccentric is very loose in the plate, the escape wheel is very badly damaged with several teeth twisted and bent also one pallet is badly chipped and the rod bent in three places, how, its only short!!

So far I have dressed the chip out of the pallet and adjusted it back to the original position. The escape wheel is too far gone to repair, I have a spare JUF movement and the escape seems identical, just need shift the escapement on its arbour to line up.

I can adjust the eccentric to get what looks like a good lock when moved by hand, but as mentioned it is very easy to turn, any thoughts on how to stiffen up the adjustment? I don't want to lock it as I'm sure I will have to adjust it again after the clock is cleaned and polished.

Can anyone suggest the correct length for the fork as I would like to order one ASAP.

Cheers, Steve.