Goal: $300, Received: $80.00 (27%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Registered user. David Mac Farlane's Avatar

Default Re: Identity of 400 day clock (By: David Mac Farlane) progress

Don't know about the legality of reopening a previous post, but it's some time since I posted this, and I understand there's some discrepancy in making a post jump back up the ladder, so whatever the criminality, moderator, let me apologize in advance - it's just me blinded by enthusiasm

Anyway, got a tension spring from my internet dealer, but when I tried to fit it, the two little brass bars were too tight on the rod, so I disconnected the old fork and fitted it to the new spring - Voila! it worked.
    I then had some difficulty setting the angle of the fork, but after 3 or 4 complete stops, it kept going, and now gains about an hour a day- for me, this is success, I can now settle down to adjusting fast/slow and enjoy the beauty of this one, although my granddaughter (six years on from the avatar) has insisted it gets left in her room (guest bedroom with décor accent on female child)
    Joy
    Schatz is next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0624.JPG 
Views:	2627 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	340822  

Default Re: Identity of 400 day clock (By: David Mac Farlane) progress (By: David Mac Farlane)

congrats to Your success so far ! One hour per day should be in the range of the regulator nut;try to avoid turning the regulator nut back and forth but approaching Your goal of exact regulation from one direction,preferably from the "too fast" side as it is now.Turn the nut a little bit -let´s say 1/8th of a full turn- in the "slow" direction and record what this does with the clock in 24-48hours; repeat this procedure with smaller incremental turnings of the nut till You have the clock spot on.And if Your granddaughter wants that clock in her room: leave it to her.We need the kids to join in our hobbies.I wish my children would ask me for a clock for their rooms!
    Best
    Burkhard
    Gigni de nihilo nihil,et nihil in nihilum posse reverti
    (Persius)