Goal: $300, Received: $360.00 (120%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default The Howard Catalog

I cannot access the online Howard Catalog. This was the web site address:
    http://www.awco.org/seminar2002/howa.../howardcat.htm
    I hope this can still be accessed. Possibly Dr. Geller could help with this.
    Thank you,
    Scott

Default Re: The Howard Catalog (By: Scott Tzorfas)

Archived version from a year ago ...

https://web.archive.org/web/20160305.../howardcat.htm
    Fred Hansen
    NAWCC #109682

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Howard Catalog (By: Fred Hansen)

Wow! The wayback machine is wonderful. It apparently has a full copy of my site before the crash.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150725...g:80/index.htm
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    If you don't learn to laugh at trouble,
    you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
    Will Rogers

Default Re: The Howard Catalog (By: Tom McIntyre)

Thank you very much Tom and Fred!! I have already saved them into my "Watch Folder"
    Scott

Default Re: The Howard Catalog (By: Scott Tzorfas)

I created the Howard Catalog, and also the Waltham Catalog and gave that intellectual property to the NAWCC as part of my work as General Chair for the 2002 NAWCC Seminar, entitled "Boston: Cradle of Industrial Watchmaking." However, Tom took control over it after the seminar and put it on his personal website. As a temporary measure, perhaps that might have been acceptable, but it is high time that catalog got moved to the NAWCC website. There have been updates which I have wanted to make, and my requests have been ignored.
    Clint Geller, FNAWCC, # 84,947

Default Re: The Howard Catalog

So how does one find out which model of watch they have? My Dad has his grandfathers Howard pocket watch, with a serial number of 1298025. I don't have it in my possession, or I would share a picture of it. I believe I was able to date it to about 1915. I know it is quite thin (at least I think it is) and very classy looking. It also has a beautiful stamped/embossed set of my great-grandfathers initials on the back. He was a dentist in the early 1900's and I know he liked quality things, so I'm sure this set him back a few $$ when he bought it. Anyhow, is there a way to find out more on the watch?

Default Re: The Howard Catalog

Quote Originally Posted by kd8tzc View Post
    So how does one find out which model of watch they have? My Dad has his grandfathers Howard pocket watch, with a serial number of 1298025. I don't have it in my possession, or I would share a picture of it. I believe I was able to date it to about 1915. I know it is quite thin (at least I think it is) and very classy looking. It also has a beautiful stamped/embossed set of my great-grandfathers initials on the back. He was a dentist in the early 1900's and I know he liked quality things, so I'm sure this set him back a few $$ when he bought it. Anyhow, is there a way to find out more on the watch?
    That is a Keystone Howard serial number made by a completely different company with a similar name. You may find that information in the "E. Howard Watch Co." section of that website.
    Last edited by Clint Geller; 04-20-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    Clint Geller, FNAWCC, # 84,947

Default Re: The Howard Catalog (By: Clint Geller)

Thanks Clint. Took a look at that sight and didn't see a page for Keystone Howard.

Isn't there a search engine where you can type in the serial number and most likely the maker and get a ton of information on that movement? I know I have seen a site like that but I can't recall the link.

Smile Re: The Howard Catalog

Quote Originally Posted by kd8tzc View Post
    E. Howard Watch Co. (frequently referred to as Keystone Howard) movement serial number 1298025 is probably a 12-size, 17-jewel, Open-Face, Series 7 movement. You can see a variety of cases styles and materials of these listed on pages 1, 2, and 3 of the 1918 Illustrated Catalogue - C.B. Norton Jewelry Co. listed in the "References" section of the E. Howard Watch Co. Encyclopedia article.
    Kent
    That guy down in Georgia