Goal: $300, Received: $225.00 (75%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Learned something new today. (and well, KISS helped me) Pulsar Tiffany

We fix watches for a lot of people in our store. Wiliam Shatner, Nathan Fillion and others.

Once in a while the KISS guys have me fix their watches. (which is a huge honor)

Last week, one of my staff says "Paul STanley is on the phone for you". What? I have had the honor of meeting him a few times but we are not exactly :Buds: . I said :THE Paul Stanley? He says yeah I think so.

Anyway, Mr. Stanley had this watch he needed fixed and was so nice and so cordial and the watch was so cool that I was thrilled to do it.

I asked him if I could share (ok brag a bit) and he said sure.

So here is the deal. PAul has been a watch guy forever. He bought a Rolex President for his father back in the 70's when he first started making money (we repaired that for him last year...his father was handing it down to Pauls son) and Seiko corporation asked me to GIFT one of the new Seiko ASTRON GPS so I did. (You can search the net and see Paul wearing it in many pics. ) . And he reportedly has hundreds of other wrist watches.

He called to say that he heard we could fix his Pulsar Tiffany watch. I said sure! And what a mess! you guys know what can happen when a battery stays in a watch for a long time. My head watchmaker said it was the same battery type and likely the same battery it was issued with!

Anyway, in the course of investigating the watch and its history I reached out to an old timer who worked at Tifany in the 70's and he confirmed that those numbers on the lugs were INDEED done by Tiffany for many years.

I have often been quoted as saying that only CARTIER used unique hand stamped numbers. My collegue from Tiffany said that only solid gold watches and only until a certain period when it became a burden had the hand stamped numberd on the lugs!

Anyway, we have the watch up and running and putting it through testing now.... more later! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kisswatch.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	340678
    Jeffrey P. Hess, collector, historian, writer, CEO Ball WATCH USA

Default Re: Learned something new today. (and well, KISS helped me) Pulsar Tiffany (By: Jeff Hess)

They walked past me one time when they were leaving a concert in Dallas a few years ago when I was working building stages. They were still in their outfits as they somehow got into the back of a black suburban. I couldn't believe how tall they are. I wonder if they noticed the Pantera Rattlesnake t-shirt I was wearing? Well, several years ago.

Default Re: Learned something new today. (and well, KISS helped me) Pulsar Tiffany (By: Accutronica)

Cool

Rob

Default Re: Learned something new today. (and well, KISS helped me) Pulsar Tiffany (By: musicguy)

That logo is so cool on the back. Great post, thanks.

I've seen Alice Cooper at shows in LA. I had the chance to talk to Nicky Sixx about his watch collection about 7 years ago.

Default Re: Learned something new today. (and well, KISS helped me) Pulsar Tiffany (By: Nookster)

Alice Cooper I have known for 15 years. He has been in my store many years ago buying Rolex Bubblebacks. I first "met him" in a phone internview I did with him in 1979 for a rock magazine I wrote for. I last saw him back stage at a fundraiser for the Rock N Roll College last year. And what was he wearing? Yep a Rolex bubbleback!

Jeff

Default Re: Learned something new today. (and well, KISS helped me) Pulsar Tiffany (By: Jeff Hess)

I talked to George Strait for 5 or 10 minutes after he inspected his tent that I put together for him. It was at his concert at the Dog Pound stadium in Cleveland, Ohio several years ago.
    A tornado destroyed the stage and we had to call in other crews to help us sort through the rubble and rebuild the stage. Luckily we didn't have the lighting or sound system and speakers up when it hit. We finished with 2 hours to spare and the show went on time.
    I don't care much for country music but I liked him. He seemed like a down to earth guy you could enjoy a few beers with.

Default Re: Learned something new today. (and well, KISS helped me) Pulsar Tiffany (By: Accutronica)

Quote Originally Posted by Accutronica View Post
    I talked to George Strait for 5 or 10 minutes after he inspected his tent that I put together for him. It was at his concert at the Dog Pound stadium in Cleveland, Ohio several years ago.
    A tornado destroyed the stage and we had to call in other crews to help us sort through the rubble and rebuild the stage. Luckily we didn't have the lighting or sound system and speakers up when it hit. We finished with 2 hours to spare and the show went on time.
    I don't care much for country music but I liked him. He seemed like a down to earth guy you could enjoy a few beers with.
    what kind of watch did he wear>> . ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hess View Post
    what kind of watch did he wear>> . ??
    I didn't notice but I'm sure that it wasn't a cheap one.

From writing for a rock magazine and talking to Alice to being a watch CEO, I'm sure you have a
    very interesting story to tell yourself.(that almost sounds like a Jefferson Airplane song.)

Rob