Goal: $300, Received: $360.00 (120%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Victorinox Swiss Army

This is one of my favorite wristwatches. Anyone else a fan of Swiss Army Watches?
    Cheers,
    Unkei
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0210.jpg  
    "A 44 and an 88 both make music, though of different kinds."
    Unkei

Default Re: Victorinox Swiss Army (By: Unkei)

I too like some of the Victorinox watches, as well as Wengers. My girlfriend and I actually have a couple of matching time/date watches. She had hers first. I was looking for a parts movement for it because the dial-feet were broken off, and I wanted to put a new dial on. I bought one off the big auction site, inexpensively, and it ended up being a bit larger than hers, but still not big for my style tastes. It was a perfect size for me, and only needed a battery. Well, she still has her foot-less dial, and I've got a watch that I like. We often wear them together. The styles can be nice, especially when they're not huge. But this is just a personal preference.

Not long after, I found another inexpensive, non-running, quartz chronograph by Wenger. I then ended up buying a lot of 4 NOS movements for less than the price of one (ETA 251.272) and putting one in the watch. It's nice looking as well, but a bit too big for my wrist, so it sits in a watch box most of the time. Yours looks nice with the red (Swiss Army Knife) bezel, as it's quite classic Swiss Army, isn't it? Enjoy.