Goal: $300, Received: $370.00 (124%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default seth thomas #3 threaded pins

I am looking to have these made any ideas Thanks

Default Re: seth thomas #3 threaded pins (By: Tclock)

Try and again to get the picture to work.

David
    David S

Default Re: seth thomas #3 threaded pins (By: David S)

Use the white camera icon in the reply window.
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Default Re: seth thomas #3 threaded pins (By: David S)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seth three pin.JPG  

Default Re: seth thomas #3 threaded pins (By: shutterbug)

Trying to have these made any ideas would be great they go into the Seth Thomas #3 to hold the movements in the bracket I'm sure they used them on other clocks. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seth three pin.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Tclock View Post
    Trying to have these made any ideas would be great they go into the Seth Thomas #3 to hold the movements in the bracket I'm sure they used them on other clocks. Thanks

if you can figure out what thread is used, you can possibly find alternatives on eBay... i recently purchased an assortment of such for < $20... odds of finding the exact ones might (or might not) be slim, you never know. knowing the correct thread, though, would mean you could come up with threaded rod and fit to knurled knobs to make work.
    i collect antique clocks because i get all that extra time...

Default Re: seth thomas #3 threaded pins (By: smike)

I found some for a ST 113 listed on the bay but what you need is much longer.

Default Re: seth thomas #3 threaded pins (By: upstateny)

On pages 38 - 41 of the RandM Imports catalog they have a variety pack of tie down and seat board bolts. It is hard to tell from their catalog what the sizes and threads are, but they are quite helpful on the phone. Perrins has similar seat board mounting hardware, as does Timesavers. If you can figure out the thread and measure the bolt, I have had great success with all of them on a phone call.
    If you are not fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm. Vince Lombardi

Default Re: seth thomas #3 threaded pins (By: THTanner)

Quite common on Grandfather clocks too.
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Those knobs (if brass) can usually be taken off by clamping the shaft in a good vise and using crow's foot, or something similar) to tap them off. Then all you need is a length of mild steel rod the correct size and a die to cut the threads. Or, a length all-thread rod, if you can find it.
    I've redone a lot of these for German wall clock movement mounts. The brass ones come out fine but the ones made with spelter metal will often fall apart. The replacement screw, whether wood type threads, or machine type threads, can be epoxied back into the original thumb screw head. Be sure to put a few hammer dents or file marks on the tip that goes into the thumb screw head, so the epoxie will get a good grip. Solder is good too, if you are good at soldering.
    Willie X

Default Re: seth thomas #3 threaded pins (By: Willie X)

Thanks willie x the one I have is good I'm just trying to make some for a friend of mine who has a seth thomas # 3