Goal: $300, Received: $115.00 (38%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default What is a Spaceview B?

I see Bulova Accutron Spaceview wristwatches advertised on ebay as Spaceview B watches. They are larger in size. My question is did Bulova make a larger version of the spaceview wristwatch called a spaceview B? Is a Spaceview B a 214 movement with a larger case?

Thanks,

Default Re: What is a Spaceview B? (By: Time2Fish)

Here's a link you might want to look at...........

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=5148548&rid=0

Default Re: What is a Spaceview B? (By: Time2Fish)

Quote Originally Posted by Time2Fish View Post
    I see Bulova Accutron Spaceview wristwatches advertised on ebay as Spaceview B watches. They are larger in size. My question is did Bulova make a larger version of the spaceview wristwatch called a spaceview B? Is a Spaceview B a 214 movement with a larger case?

Thanks,
    I think the spaceviews are ugly myself. I'll take a nice dial any day of the week, especially with so many fake spaceviews being sold.

Robert

Default Re: What is a Spaceview B? (By: Accutronica)

Quote Originally Posted by Accutronica View Post
    I think the spaceviews are ugly myself. I'll take a nice dial any day of the week, especially with so many fake spaceviews being sold.

Robert
    And what does any of that have to do with the OP's question?

Default Re: What is a Spaceview B?

Quote Originally Posted by MINI View Post
    And what does any of that have to do with the OP's question?
    What does yours?

Interesting thread. Hey guys, threads do tend to meander a bit. Lets keep civil and on track.

Accutronica's aside about his view of a Spaceview being "ugly" is interesting if not entirely on point.

A lot of watches are "ugly" to many. Another thread should be started maybe on "ugly watches.

But back to the point. From the article shared, it seems the :B: model is indeed a 214.

Question: is there a designated name for the big huge 1970's versions... the 218 versions?

Jeff
    Jeffrey P. Hess, collector, historian, writer, CEO Ball WATCH USA

Default Re: What is a Spaceview B? (By: Jeff Hess)

Kinda thought that was what I was trying to do Jeff...

Default Re: What is a Spaceview B?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hess View Post
    Interesting thread. Hey guys, threads do tend to meander a bit. Lets keep civil and on track.

Accutronica's aside about his view of a Spaceview being "ugly" is interesting if not entirely on point.

A lot of watches are "ugly" to many. Another thread should be started maybe on "ugly watches.

But back to the point. From the article shared, it seems the :B: model is indeed a 214.

Question: is there a designated name for the big huge 1970's versions... the 218 versions?

Jeff
    The most important point though is that there are so many people ripping others off with their fake spaceviews. Even though I've read and bookmarked the blog that shows how to spot the fakes, I would still not waste my money on them.
    Last edited by Jeff Hess; 04-14-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: agressive proseg

Quote Originally Posted by Accutronica View Post
    The most important point though is that there are so many people ripping others off with their fake spaceviews. Even though I've read and bookmarked the blog that shows how to spot the fakes, I would still not waste my money on them. Anyone that wants to get into the spaceview game is subject to lose a lot of money. And those that hate my comments are probably in on the heist...IMHO
    I tend to agree about them probably being among the most faked watch on "ebay". I personally have never had a inclination to collect any version of the Accutron's, but there are a lot of people tripping over themselves to get one, or a hundred, they're just not my cop of tea.

I've heard stories of even the most seasoned Accutron collector getting burned.Education while absolutely necessary, isn't always a guarantee.

Default Re: What is a Spaceview B? (By: Hawk53)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk53 View Post
    I tend to agree about them probably being among the most faked watch on "ebay". I personally have never had a inclination to collect any version of the Accutron's, but there are a lot of people tripping over themselves to get one, or a hundred, they're just not my cop of tea.

I've heard stories of even the most seasoned Accutron collector getting burned.Education while absolutely necessary, isn't always a guarantee.
    I agree, mostly. I'm learning on a 214 right now. I wanted to measure every screw and log their dimensions but I can't trust it because I know someone else has been into it before. The parts list shows one screw for the train bridge but my 214 has all 3 screws with slight differences - the bottom screw is clearly different than the top 2 which look alike.
    I really don't care much for the 214's and will probably never buy one or service one unless it's for family/friends. I like the 2182's myself.
    I bought a 2210 ladies watch that was supposed to be working, but they lied. I got it cheap so I'm keeping it hoping I can repair it and also to gain some experience on them.

Default Re: What is a Spaceview B? (By: Hawk53)

agree with all. Accutrons, like Rolexes are often mismatched faked up and otherwise mess with.

Jeff

buyer beware! But still.... cool watches and I willtke my chances on them...(but that is just me)
    Jeffrey P. Hess, collector, historian, writer, CEO Ball WATCH USA