Goal: $300, Received: $275.00 (92%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default M. Nicolet & Co.

I picked up this nice exaggerated number a year ago. It's very interesting, the crystal is sandwiched between the bezel and dial. It's not glued in place. I have never seen this before. I was told the older exaggerated number watches were like this. COOL! It has nice size silver case 40mm by 23mm not including the lugs and crown. The strap is very narrow at 8mm. This makes the watch look larger than it really is. I tried searching for info on the company but came up empty. Does anyone know about M. Nicolet & Co? Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Here's a fresh wrist shot from this morning

Here's a very bad cell pic, 15 jewel 3 adjustment movement.

Default Re: M. Nicolet & Co. (By: Chris Moy)

I don't see M. Nicolet on your watch, just Nicolet, but perhaps I am missing something, eyes are getting old.

If you look on line for Nicolet watches you will find quite a lot of examples and also history of the firm.

JTD

Default Re: M. Nicolet & Co. (By: JTD)

Thanks JTD! The M is rubbed off. The case is signed M. Nicolet & Co. I found other Nicolet watches but nothing this old besides a few ladies watches on the Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by JTD View Post
    I don't see M. Nicolet on your watch, just Nicolet, but perhaps I am missing something, eyes are getting old.

If you look on line for Nicolet watches you will find quite a lot of examples and also history of the firm.

JTD

Here's the case back. I don't have my loop with me. I can't read what is to the left of 0.935. I can only make the first letter "K".

Very cool looking watch!

Rob

Default Re: M. Nicolet & Co.

I like it too. It must of been quite daring and ahead of its time when it was made. It looks like it may be a very early version of the "Curvex" idea, before the "Curvex" watches. I also find it a bit "Dali-esque". I'd wear that one in a melting-watch beat. Cheers.

Default Re: M. Nicolet & Co. (By: musicguy)

Thanks Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    Very cool looking watch!

Rob

Default Re: M. Nicolet & Co. (By: MrRoundel)

Thanks MrRoundel! I was thinking more of a poor man's Movodo's Polyplan I've seen early catalog pics from as early as 1916 with the exaggerated number design. I keep thinking I might have seen an earlier ad from Omega but I can't find it. I so want one of those early examples!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoundel View Post
    I like it too. It must of been quite daring and ahead of its time when it was made. It looks like it may be a very early version of the "Curvex" idea, before the "Curvex" watches. I also find it a bit "Dali-esque". I'd wear that one in a melting-watch beat. Cheers.

Default Re: M. Nicolet & Co. (By: JTD)

JTD you're right! A closer look shows that my movement is only market "Nicolet Swiss". The movment is identical to those I've seen on the Bay market "M. Nicolet & Co Swiss". These were in ladies watches.

Here's a better movement photo of my watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JTD View Post

JTD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8F0A7638-HDR-Edit.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	590.0 KB 
ID:	337854  

Here's better photos of the watch...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8F0A7628-Edit.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	589.7 KB 
ID:	337855   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8F0A7633.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	573.7 KB 
ID:	337856