Saw an add in paper the other day local jeweler in Alton Ill. where I live is looking for watches pocket ,wrist, parts whole or disassembled. Hmm I think this might be interesting. So I ride up, there is a few bringing in various wrist watches. so my turn ask if he's interested in collections, yep he is. What have you got, so I kinda bait him. I tell him I have a few Tremonts in silver cases. Never heard of them I'll give you 25$ a piece. I told that's not really even close to the value. So I ask if he's just looking for gold to scrap. Now he gets real uneasy says whats the most valuable pocket watch you have. Hmmm not really sure I have jones caliber i.w.c., never heard of it. I explain its fairly what I would call rare he offers 150$. Nope at this point theres kind of a crowd starting to gather and listen in on conversation.. o.k. lets see if he's really serious about looking for "rare" watches. So I tell him I have a D.D. Palmer in a gold case, never heard of it. I tell him this is also kind of a rare watch with few ever made, well bring it in and I'll have a look at it but you know pocket watches are only worth about 150-200$ . I tell him how about I bring back The complete guide to pocket watches so he can show people what the value really is versus trying to take them for the gold. I leave and a bunch in line behind me left with me....maybe I'll go back and try and get a business card...