Goal: $300, Received: $370.00 (124%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Is there a source for Japy and Freres clock parts; I need a click and click spring

Hello. I have a early 1900s French pot lead clock which looks to have the typical Japy and freres time only movement. Movement is stamped Made in France and the numbers 4 and 6 on either side of the winding hole

I`m missing the clickspring, click and screw for the mainspring. Is there a source or anyone who might sell me these parts? You can PM me. I can have a friend take a pic , pics if you need them. Thanks so much.

Default Re: Is there a source for Japy and Freres clock parts; I need a click and click spr (By: timepast)

Picks would help a lot. I'm not clear about what you mean by "screw for the mainspring."
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Default Re: Is there a source for Japy and Freres clock parts; I need a click and click spr (By: shutterbug)

I think he means 'clickspring, click and screw'........ for the mainspring [side].

Just my thought - I may be wrong.

JTD

Default Re: Is there a source for Japy and Freres clock parts; I need a click and click spr (By: timepast)

You can buy clicks and clicksprings (which come in various shapes and sizes) from the usual material supply houses (Timesavers etc.). You may have to file the click to fit.

JTD

Default Re: Is there a source for Japy and Freres clock parts; I need a click and click spr (By: JTD)

Or is the rivet for the spring missing from inside the barrel??
    R&A Sometimes we are retarded and sometimes we are advanced.

Default Re: Is there a source for Japy and Freres clock parts; I need a click and click spr (By: shutterbug)

Sorry I meant I`m the screw that hold the click onto the plate, missing the click and thand missing the clickspring. I have to find a friend to take pics and will send them

Default Re: Is there a source for Japy and Freres clock parts; I need a click and click spr (By: JTD)

I looked at the Timesaver catalog but could not find a match to match the shadow of the click spring that was on there nor do I know the size or shape of the click that was on there. Does anyone have a picture of the front plate of a Japy and freres or know the maker of a Japy look alike stamped Made in France with the numbers 4 and 6 on either side of the the winding arbor. I get you pictures asap.

The click wheel is pretty forgiving. It does not need the same number of teeth as the old one, but should be of the same size in order to insure a good fit between it and the click pawl. It is not uncommon to have to make and/or reshape a click spring. Get something close and modify it to fit.
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.