Goal: $300, Received: $370.00 (124%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered user.

Default Re: hex nut for faceplate on regula cuckoo one day movement (By: Chris D)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    That could be taken the wrong way. I'll assume you were just mentioning that 'in case' anyone didn't already know that.
    Why?, There are people out there who don't know magnets only work on ferrous metals, I had one of them tried to get me to use a "gold" magnet while I was an apprentice, apparently he fell for that when he was an apprentice, the gold magnet was any handy lump of metal that was available.

Anyhoo Regula have been using 3mm x 0.5pitch metric steel nuts on their movements like the 25 and 34 since the 70s, so a magnet will work in this case.
    Last edited by dAz57; 03-13-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Registered user.

Default Re: hex nut for faceplate on regula cuckoo one day movement (By: Tinker Dwight)

I have been using a rubber work mat from HobbyKing, two sizes​, large 640mm X 400mm, small 395mm X 250mm, brands are trackstar and multistar, just do a search for work mat or rubber work mat
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us

They have a large area in the middle and compartmented areas in the sides and back, those little bits won't roll away and disappear, they are cheap and easy to keep clean, great for clocks.

Default Re: hex nut for faceplate on regula cuckoo one day movement (By: dAz57)

Thanks guys. I ended up ordering an assortment package from Clock Works. I had gone to both Lowe's and Home Depot. They didn't carry anything that small. I'll keep you posted.

And great idea on the felt.

cs

Default Re: hex nut for faceplate on regula cuckoo one day movement (By: dad1891)

I use the small bubble wrap that is often in packages I receive with parts or clocks. With the little bubbles on the up side little parts fall into the grooves between the bubbles and go nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dad1891 View Post
    THAT makes a lot of sense. Other benefits that you didn't mention is that the green color would be easy on the eyes and small parts would show up well. Now.........where in the heck do I find it?
    If you are not fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm. Vince Lombardi