Goal: $300, Received: $55.00 (18%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I need a very small piece of mahogany trim, please (By: Jasons34)

I think we all agree the majority of the wood is oak, but I do see some small panels surrounded by the inlaid border that appears to what might be mahogany. And I have yet to see exactly what is missing, but it looks like that section is short on the bottom edge, especially in picture 4 and 10. ??

Registered user.

Default Re: I need a very small piece of mahogany trim, please (By: Dave T)

Dave could you repost the picture and area that you think is mahogany and I'll take a look at it

If you have a furniture restorer nearby, he might sell you a piece from his donor furniture stash. If you can pop off a small piece without damaging it, I'd bring along a sample. Might bring along a large coffee too. A little Bribery never hurts.
    The man who knows how to make it work will always have a job, The man who knows why it makes it work will always be his boss.

Default Re: I need a very small piece of mahogany trim, please

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons34 View Post
    Dave could you repost the picture and area that you think is mahogany and I'll take a look at it
    Jason, Thought maybe he was talking about this panel. See the bad section at the bottom above the inlaid border. Looks like it could be crotch wood mahogany?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mahogany.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	335509  

Registered user.

Default Re: I need a very small piece of mahogany trim, please (By: PaulWeber)

If you are talking about that entire panel that is busted at the bottom it does have the grain pattern o

Hi everyone, and thanks for all the comments/contributions to date. Upon further reflection, I do agree the missing trim piece is most likely oak, rather than mahogany. Here is a better picture showing where the trim is missing....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1720.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	335840

Default Re: I need a very small piece of mahogany trim, please (By: PaulWeber)

If it were mine, I would gently remove the front end of the broken piece and take it to a local woodworker to see if it can be replicated.

You would have to know the total length that you would want.....could even have them make it to the exact specifications needed.