Goal: $300, Received: $90.00 (30%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default I woke up in the doghouse this morning!

My wife woke me up this morning with a "Happy Unniversary" kiss. Who in their right mind celebrates their 7-1/4th Anniversary? She seems to think we should celebrate even though we don't even HAVE an Anniversary this year. I think we should wait until 2/29/2020.

Default Re: I woke up in the doghouse this morning! (By: Bill Stuntz)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stuntz View Post
    My wife woke me up this morning with a "Happy Unniversary" kiss. Who in their right mind celebrates their 7-1/4th Anniversary? She seems to think we should celebrate even though we don't even HAVE an Anniversary this year. I think we should wait until 2/29/2020.
    I'm leery of getting involved in the politics of your relationship, particularly at the stage of the seven year itch.

Females tend to need reassurance more often than males. You have possibly another fifty or sixty anniversarys to celebrate if you just go along with such as this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: I woke up in the doghouse this morning! (By: roughbarked)

At 69, trying to scratch any hypothetical seven year itch is somewhat unrealistic. I hope I have another little blue pill for tonight.

Perhaps her 'clock' is ticking faster than you realize.

At 69, trying to scratch any hypothetical seven year itch is somewhat unrealistic. I hope I have another little blue pill for tonight.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - The Great One

Default Re: I woke up in the doghouse this morning! (By: THTanner)

Quote Originally Posted by THTanner View Post
    Perhaps her 'clock' is ticking faster than you realize.
    Tweak the regulator a bit?

Blog Entries

Default Re: I woke up in the doghouse this morning!

Nah! We joke about this every year. I think I should only be required to remember once every 4 years. SHE (who MUST be obeyed) thinks that since we were married the day after Feb 28th AND the day before March 1st, we should celebrate TWICE during "Unniversary" years. Guess who wins THAT "argument"

Even crazier: My ex-wife performed our marriage ceremony - which was also attended by my ex-Mother-in Law. And when my Ex remarried, my wife baked their wedding cake.

Blog Entries

Well, I guess she still loves me.
    Dinner tonight was Ecargot, Bacon-Wrapped Scallops, fresh Green Beans, Hash browns, and a Carmelized Apple Tart. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plate.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	334749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	334750
    The Red Velvet Chocolate Chip bundt cake with "I LOVE YOU" candles on the table was my peace offereing. With an an expensive (for us) bottle of a superb 2000 Late Harvest Reisling from our favorite winemaker. We've been visiting Markko Vineyard in Conneaut, OH for nearly our entire marriage. If Arnie's ever made a wine we wouldn't like, we've never found it. And never expect to. If we didn't love his wines so much, I'd hate to think about how much money we've "wasted" on his wines at $20-$80 per bottle. Going there is almost like going home.

I'm not sure whether it was the cake, the wine, or the ring I "allowed" her to buy last week that was my salvation.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ring.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	334748 Now "The Queen of Everything" has her crown with her a all times. I'm the King of What's Left.
    Last edited by Bill Stuntz; 02-28-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Well, I guess she still loves me.
    Dinner tonight was Ecargot, Bacon-Wrapped Scallops, fresh Green Beans, Hash browns, and a Carmelized

I'm not sure whether it was the cake, the wine, or the ring I "allowed" her to buy last week that was my salvation.
    Now "The Queen of Everything" has her crown with her a all times. I'm the King of What's Left.
    Perhaps you should roll the shank of the ring to make it a tad larger? Do it without telling her and she'll think she's lost weight, cake or no cake.

Default Re: I woke up in the doghouse this morning! (By: roughbarked)

Your wife clearly knows the way to your heart, Bill! What did SHE get?
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

...Going there is almost like going home....
    Would that mean the Rhine or Pfalz regions? California?
    How's his Gewürztraminer?
    Living life at eight beats per minute.

You're playing with fire.... Beware the doghouse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twivg7GkYts

Ralph

Nah! We joke about this every year. I think I should only be required to remember once every 4 years. SHE (who MUST be obeyed) thinks that since we were married the day after Feb 28th AND the day before March 1st, we should celebrate TWICE during "Unniversary" years. Guess who wins THAT "argument"

Even crazier: My ex-wife performed our marriage ceremony - which was also attended by my ex-Mother-in Law. And when my Ex remarried, my wife baked their wedding cake.
    Nice..... Rumple of the Bailey.... Still laughing

Default Re: I woke up in the doghouse this morning! (By: tkmc37)

"Girl time" and "Guy time" definitely run at different rates...
    Rarely had a girlfriend in younger days who did not want to celebrate after a month together.
    But there are lists of appropriate gifts for every years anniversary of marriage Paper being the first years gift.
    But an anniversary in the middle of the year is kinda
    Did she burn a roast?
    Good luck!
    Dave.

Blog Entries

Default Re: I woke up in the doghouse this morning! (By: Ralph)

I'm out of the doghouse now! I took her up to the eastern shore of Lake Michigan for a long weekend - Thursday through Sunday. 5+ hours driving each way. B&B. Fireplace & hot tub IN our room. Miracle of miracles: she slept until 9am EACH morning. Indoor pool - too bad it had been drained for maintenance. Visited 8 wineries & a Cider mill. Dinners at 2 GREAT restaurants. Brought home 3+ cases of wine & 3 different kinds of hard cider. And I didn't even try to go clocking. We left our 16y/o grandson at home alone. NO KIDS!!!!!!!!! It's the longest we've ever been kidless during the entire time we've been married. She's had live-in kids/grandkids for 39 straight years. 4 of hers, 2 of mine, & we've brought up 4 grandkids.
    The only truly stupid question is the one you SHOULD have asked - but DIDN'T.

Visited 8 wineries & a Cider mill. Dinners at 2 GREAT restaurants. Brought home 3+ cases of wine & 3 different kinds of hard cider.
    LOL! I still have a god-awful looking green wine server with a indentation in the side for ice to keep the wine chilled without contaminating it. I bought it (apparently) several years ago while touring wineries out East. I believe they lead you into the gift shop and wine purchasing shop AFTER the generous samples have been served, for a reason!!
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.