Goal: $300, Received: $125.00 (42%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Thread: Why no posting?

Blog Entries

Default Why no posting?

It seems we are in a recession of members who take the time to post on the Members News and Views. In the past five days not one posting took place. I feel we have much to talk about in spite of this being a almost total Forum dedicated to all sorts of horology. While politics is verboten…much goes on in our daily lives that could make for interesting reading and fill many pages of this Member News and Views Forum. Personally, I could post daily about what went on in my life during that day…but, while feeling reluctant to such daily posting; I know we have at least thirty five [35] members who may visit this site once or twice or more weekly in the effort to see what goes on here.

Just think if one person each posted at least one piece weekly, we’d have enough reading and perhaps learning about what goes on in our daily lives…it could be more than enough to fill a book.

For instance, yesterday, my cat Johnnie II did something she had never done before since her adoption by me. But I do not think too many of our readers may care about our combined goings on. However, it was miracle that I thought would never take place. At least, I learned with a cat, the unexpected can take place.

One of the nurses who visited me during this past upset became part of the miracle.
    My cat approached her and let the nurse touch her pretty face, This cat hides when the door bell rings and disappears until the coast is clear and the house contains only her and me, her keeper and lover.

Default Re: Why no posting? (By: dweiss17)

Hi again Dan,

Your question...."Why no posting?" .

If one looks at your most recent threads : "Facebook"......."Sunshine in our lives". I think that there could be some answers there. For some reason folks here think that there is some sort of segue from discussing family loving cats to the feral ones in the wild. Folks can review the threads that I had referenced to make their own assessment.

So you asked what I did to day that was of significance to me..perhaps to others.... perhaps not.

About once a month I break bread with a long time friend of 35 years so that we can discuss things. There is no agenda. He is a person of faith... Christian. I would call me a Christian non-theist. I believe strongly in our constitution of freedoms of conscience and religion for all.

We discuss all sorts of topics such as abortion, assisted death, and the list goes on. I am very analytical and he comes from a very different world view based on his interpretation of scriptures from the Bible.

As we look at each other, face to face, we will have areas where we are in agreement and others where we differ. But after a couple of hours (today it was 4) we are still deep friends that agree on a bunch of stuff, undecided on others, have diverse views on some.

I only wish I could emulate our model to others with very different world views.. and still end up being friends that are respectful of each others differences.

All the best, Dan

David
    Last edited by David S; 01-18-2017 at 05:37 PM.
    David S

Blog Entries

David: Much thanks for your posting. Let me say Facebook is not my post, and, I have no apparent interest in that Forum that took over what I think is far too much of our posting, Did you ever read the really foul-mouthed postings they engender?

That you take time to express your thoughts in a most lucid way only shows we do have members who take the time to put some of themselves into their writings or thoughts. So keep on posting.

Dan, besides wanting to respond to your thread / post, my other reason was to post and enforce that we can all have differences in opinions / world views, but can express them in a respectful tolerant way.

I will keep posting and responding to encourage free expression.

David
    David S

Default Re: Why no posting? (By: David S)

OK, for my post for the week, I'll introduce our newest family member, Kody (short for Kodiak Bear). A nine week old Siberian Husky.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIthShoe.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	329371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BitingSleeve.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	329370  

Blog Entries

Dave: Thanks for your post. Kody is a beautiful animal and his blue eyes could set any jealous dog wild.

I think more people would appreciate the Husky if they learned more about them.

Malamute or Husky the animal is a study in beauty.

Blog Entries

Put away the chickens Dave! My niece brought her 12 month old Siberian Husky home to her parents farm (sheep farm). They use to have chickens also
    Last edited by leeinv66; 01-19-2017 at 01:15 AM.
    Cheers
    Peter R Lee: AKA (Pee-Tah) from Australia

Default Re: Why no posting? (By: David S)

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Dan, besides wanting to respond to your thread / post, my other reason was to post and enforce that we can all have differences in opinions / world views, but can express them in a respectful tolerant way.

I will keep posting and responding to encourage free expression.

David
    Hear hear.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why no posting? (By: roughbarked)

Dan there is nothing foul mouthed at all on the NAWCC page on Facebook, have you ever looked. Some people work odd hours like i do and i am not retired, i tend to look at repair forums and watch forums.
    You dont seem to really want to look at the NAWCC page on Facebook and i have no idea why not. have a great day Dan.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/

Blog Entries

Kevin:

If you looked at the many phases of facxebook you may understand what I mean.

The horlogy secton of Facebook while good,, please look at other pats of it. It can make a grown man or woman blush.

Blog Entries

Are you refering to the NAWCC page that is hwat is asked, we are not discussing other groups on FB Dan. Or at least i am not. I have maybe 3 hours spare time when i get up in the morning. Then i go to work, get home after 1 am, one reason why i am not on the social part of this web site, only so many hours in a day for me.
    By the way my page there is no foul mouthed people, or they would be gone.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/