Goal: $300, Received: $115.00 (38%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default welch #2 up side down movement

looking for the the correct weight for the two weights that power the clock if anyone knows it would be a great help in solving the reason this clock will not stay running Thanks Tom

Default Re: welch #2 up side down movement (By: Tclock)

Quote Originally Posted by Tclock View Post
    looking for the the correct weight for the two weights that power the clock if anyone knows it would be a great help in solving the reason this clock will not stay running Thanks Tom

which clock? my welch, spring & co. regulator 2 (not calendar) uses 3.5lb weights.

it's not the upside down movement, but followed that one closely... see this thread: https://goo.gl/VxkB6W
    i collect antique clocks because i get all that extra time...

Default Re: welch #2 up side down movement (By: bruce linde)

hey tclock -

you just posted in the blogs somewhere, but i don't know how to respond there:

https://goo.gl/yBBHxR
    Help I have a welch #2 regulator with a two weight time only upside down movement the clock will run but when you put the second hand on it stop it has very little pendulum swing and I have had the clock rebuilt by a very well know clock guy bushings verge pinions new suspension spring the weights are what I feel are original they weigh 3.5 pounds each I really like the clock I just dont know where to go from here. Thanks

i have a welch #2 with the regular (not upside down) movement... mine would stop when i put the second hand on UNTIL i bushed the escape wheel bushings and adjusted the verge height correctly.

since you said you had a real guy (as opposed to a newb like myself) rebuild it, i would take it back to that guy and have him make it right. could be the escape wheel / pallets relationship needs to be tweaked, or maybe something else... but he should stand behind his work and make it right. i would start by having the conversation with him.
    i collect antique clocks because i get all that extra time...