Goal: $300, Received: $115.00 (38%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Blog Entries

Default Some of these days...blah

Some days you just do not know what to do with yourself. The Eagles play Monday night football. I taped the Chris Wallace show and still have not looked at it. Johnnie sits looking so beautiful on the edge of the bed…tried to capture her beauty but the batteries in the camera need a charge. So no pretty Johnnie II to display - as I write this nonsense that follows word after word.

Having a 101st birthday ain’t no picnic, have a lot of stuff prepared for my nineteen guests. Each one will have their name on the little folder placed before their seating arrangement. And, four of my guests…excuse me [five] are the women who fed me during my many years of spending my money eating at Andonios. It is more family oriented than the regular restaurant you may visit. They may have had one person who was older in years than I. So I cannot claim the honor of being their eldest one who ever sat down for a meal.

This Holiday weekend played havoc with the TV shows I usually enjoy watching. Some are repeats; others are fill-ins that do not fit my taste as watching a show I have no interest in - so while waiting for the time to pass by so I can go to the screen and watch what I want to watch. In the meantime, beautiful Johnnie II decided to try to catnap…even she…does not know what to do with herself on this Holiday weekend.

Guess I may as well get into my PJs and get ready for a night of TV…some which may find me clicking the remote button to find something better to immerse my old brain into. As of now, all I hear is a lot of chatter as I type this excuse for not looking at what is happening on the TV screen.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some of these days...blah (By: dweiss17)

Dan, well. let's see, I am clicking between the Ranger game, Sunday night football, Caddyshack and looking on the NAWCC and Ebay sites. Giving my keister a good workout today. Luckily, no cartilage there, just a little fat. Thank goodness the Jeopardy teen tournament is over, back to regular Jeopardy. Luckily I still work so my days are occupied, my wife has the fun of staring at the big black eye all day and hanging around with the cat. She doesn't know I usually get her all night. Keep a stiff upper lip and enjoy your celebration.

Maybe you should go work on a watch, or do your knees hurt too bad to get downstairs? I haven't been able to find anything on TV either for the past couple days, but I did get four (4) watches running again so that was entertaining. Good luck trying to find something suitable to watch! -Tyler
    A world without time is chaos.

Default Re: Some of these days...blah (By: Tyler K.)

I got rid of my cable and dish hookups, and bought a Roku (a $100 device that attaches to the TV's HDML port). You can watch lots of stuff over your internet connection, and Youtube has bunches of stuff you entertain you for hours Of course, if you have a smart TV, you don't need anything else.
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Blog Entries

shutterbug:
    Could you give me a further and more descriptive of the ROKU device...would it attach to my TV?

Dan

Could I watch any stuff on the National Association of Watch and clock Collectors?

If your TV has a HDML port it will work. It might be worth a call to your local Best Buy to see what they recommend. There are several out there that do basically the same thing. You can see anything that you can see on the computer
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Forums Administrator harold bain's Avatar

Default Re: Some of these days...blah (By: shutterbug)

Basically, your TV becomes a computer monitor.
    harold bain, Member ch 33
    "If it won't "tick",
    let me "tock" to it"