Goal: $300, Received: $115.00 (38%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Thread: Am NUTS?

Blog Entries

Default Am NUTS?

Still have about ½ hour before I go out to meet my nephew for brunch. I can anticipate that first cup of hot coffee right now, it would go down the pipes with much enjoyment.

But…first I want to get something off my chest that has been bugging me for a long time. Living alone, I have the TV on 24-hours a day even when asleep. There is one guy that has a commercial that drives me nuts…First off…I do not like the guy’s looks. Nor do I enjoy his chatter trying to sell what he apparently does sell.

Did you ever look at a person’s face and take an immediate dislike to that person. this is the case here!!

Am I nuts, or what? Does that happen to you…you look at a person’s face and take an immediate dislike to that face. I am not prejudicial..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Am NUTS? (By: dweiss17)

I have seen annoying tv commercials, but no i dont dislike some because of their face. It would mke me batty to have the tv on 24 hours a day. Take care Dan and enjoy the day.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/

Blog Entries

Default Re: Am NUTS? (By: Kevin W.)

I get that feeling at some marts as well, the face seems to go along with the attitude. The ads I hate are drug ads, too many disclaimers that make the drug sound worse than the cure, phone ads promising such great deals until you listen to the disclaimers for the added fees, luxury car ads touting their speed and power over safety and common sense and their ability to hit objects and your survival rate, learn to drive first people, and any ad that touts a great deal and has a foot long fine print disclaimer under it.

Default Re: Am NUTS? (By: richiec)

My guess is that the guy reminds you of someone you have had a dislike for in the past. Even a subconscious memory can trigger an emotional reaction.
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Blog Entries

Richiec gets it most right...so many commercials just rub your sensitivities the wrong way. Look at a commercial with up to ten lines of 8 point type that lasts for a second or two before you read even the first words of the disclaimer. Like dealing with a phone company, triple play costs let's say $114 per month...then...comes the added fees bouncing the cost to more than $160.00 per month. You can never win. They charge you for using their equipment that helps them make money for them.

Another thing, you never met the person you dislike...but the dislike is instant...why?

Blog Entries

shutterbug, if you saw this guy's face and the way he acts at marts, dislike would be a mild term, he even yells at his son while in the mart and he is as cheap as the day is long.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Am NUTS? (By: richiec)

We have those types in the chapters here, cheap.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/

Default Re: Am NUTS? (By: Kevin W.)

I can recall a few different local commercials for bail bondsmen and (literally) greasy ambulance chasers who were legends in their own minds. They'd do better to not put their faces out there as you can just feel the unwarranted condescension they exude.
    Living life at eight beats per minute.