Goal: $300, Received: $360.00 (120%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Login Persistance

It seems like the last few days I have to keep re-logging in. Did something change.

In the past I rarely had to log in.

Ralph

Default Re: Login Persistance (By: Ralph)

I just logged out and logged back in and noticed the "keep me logged in" box was unchecked... I'll wait and see.

Ralph

This morning I had to log in again.??

Ralph

Blog Entries

We have not changed anything. Is it possible your computer is now clearing cookies? The feature does depend on the cookie it sets still being in your browser cache when you come back.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    If you don't learn to laugh at trouble,
    you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
    Will Rogers

Default Re: Login Persistance (By: Tom McIntyre)

I haven't changed anything on my computer recently or installed updates but I now need to log in frequently, but not every time. Are others getting this too?
    Jerry Treiman, NAWCC member since 1971
    Charter member of Pocket Horology Chapter 174

Blog Entries

Default Re: Login Persistance (By: Jerry Treiman)

I haven't seen any change in behavior - I never have to log into the MB unless I've manually logged out.
    Are you talking about the MB login, or the NAWCC login? I think they've been making changes over there.
    Also, my browser (FF) updates itself automatically - I don't have to actually DO anything to install browser updates. It just updated itself a couple days ago.

Default Re: Login Persistance (By: Bill Stuntz)

Yes, this is the message board log-in. It does not seem to happen when I go the the NAWCC home page, which seems to remember me.

Every time that I restart my browser (Chrome v.55.0.2883.75 running under OSX El Capitan v.10.11.6) and go to the NAWCC Message Board web site I need to do the NAWCC login (blue button) again. This even happens when I go to the message board from the NAWCC home page where I am logged in. When I first click the blue “NAWCC LOG IN” button I get a vBulletin Message - “Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.mb.nawcc.org). Attempts to reload the page bring up a blank screen at mb.nawcc.org/nawcclogin.php. However, if I go back to my bookmark - www.mb.nawcc.org - it now remembers me and I am logged in (gold button) without having to enter username or password. It takes me at least three steps every time I want to log on.

This does not happen with my Safari browser which remembers me without a hitch, so I suspect the site may not be properly optimized for Chrome?.

Also, I used to use the guest log-in instead of NAWCC log-in and did not have this problem, but it has been so long since I needed to log in that I have forgotten my guest entry.
    Jerry Treiman, NAWCC member since 1971
    Charter member of Pocket Horology Chapter 174

Blog Entries

Default Re: Login Persistance (By: Jerry Treiman)

Jerry,

The Message Board has no facility to remember your NAWCC login, only the local login using the username and password fields with the remember me check box checked will do that. The process leaves a cookie on you computer that facilities the auto login. I use the same password on both sites to address the problem with remembering the password.

When you log in with the blue button on the main site, when you navigate to the Message Board, the button will still be blue, but if you click on it, it will immediately change to orange and you will be logged in. However, you will not be remembered on the Message Board after you close the browser.

I am sure this could be fixed in some way, but I do not know how to do that and still have membership for our non-NAWCC contributors.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    If you don't learn to laugh at trouble,
    you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
    Will Rogers