Month's Goal: $300, Received: $90.00 - (30%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3379 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Elmer Stennes

Default Elmer Stennes

I have seen a brief biography of Elmer Stennes and even had it book-marked in my computer, but it no longer responds. I searched the Message Board and found reference to him in May, 2003, but it gives little info on his life. Nor could I find any thing on the NAWCC Library web site. I found reference to the book MURDER ON TICK TOCK LANE, but I am not interested in details of all of that. Can any one give me a lead to a brief history of the man?

Dick Bailey

Default Elmer Stennes (RE: Dick Bailey)

I have seen a brief biography of Elmer Stennes and even had it book-marked in my computer, but it no longer responds. I searched the Message Board and found reference to him in May, 2003, but it gives little info on his life. Nor could I find any thing on the NAWCC Library web site. I found reference to the book MURDER ON TICK TOCK LANE, but I am not interested in details of all of that. Can any one give me a lead to a brief history of the man?

Dick Bailey

Sadly he was cremated so that is why you can't find any traces of Elmer.

The only snippet I found on my computer was what follows, but I know a guy who used to attend our Kansas NAWCC Chapter meetings had some information on him. I will try to locate him and his information for you.

Joe

A Known And Highly Collectible Clock Craftsman, Was Active In The Mid 20Th Century Up To His Untimely Death When He Was Found Shot To Death In His Home Near Boston In 1975. Known Mostly For Making Classic Styled "Willard" Type Banjos, As Well As Other Reproduction Clocks Often Using Well Known Retail Jewelers As Purveyors. Interesting Are His Examples Made While Serving Time In Prison In The 1960S After Murdering His Wife, Stamped Mccp, And His Work Subsequent To Being Released On Bail "OOB", "Out On Bail".

You might try a visit with Foster Campos in Pennbroke Mass. who worked for Stennes and to a certain extent carried on the craft of making fine reproductions.
    H.J. (Les) Lesovsky, Alhambra California