Month's Goal: $300, Received: $45.00 - (15%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3217 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Hyde Park Watches

I surmise no one knows anything about Hyde Park Watches....thank you for your time. Great board for other information.

Default Hyde Park Watches (RE: tietzedet)

I surmise no one knows anything about Hyde Park Watches....thank you for your time. Great board for other information.

Royboy

Hi, Tietzedet.

I also have a "Andre Bouchard" timepiece, this with an "Hyde Park Watch Co" movement!

I have as yet not catalogued this watch, so have not placed a request for History information post yet! (You beat me to it!)

I was reading your post and remembered that I had taken the Andre Bouchard out of case and documented all information and was surprised to see Hyde Park Watch Co, being from London and Hyde Park being in the centre!

I did speak to my jeweller who had not heard of the maker.

I shall start digging and will come back to the board if I can gleam any further information. There must be some knowledge of the company out there, they did after all have there names on the movement.

Movement details as follows:
    Hyde Park Watch Co - Seventeen 17 Jewels - Swiss - Unadjusted - LOE - P - 330.

I will post pictures in the future.

Chat again later.

Regards.

Royboy

"So mote it be!"

Wayne D.

Hello, there was a Hyde Park chrono from the '40's for sale at one of the vintage watch sites on the internet and there's a vintage ad for Hyde Park wristwatches on eBay, so eventently they must have been around for some time if this is the same company. Neither shows what the movement looks like though.

Thank you for the information - it is very much appreciated. I would love to find out more about these watches. I am hoping Royboy will be able to find more information. I have gone out on the internet and looked - but haven't found anything - have checked some of the books I have....a mystery.

I did go out on ebay and looked at some old Hyde Park ads - It appears that the Emil Leichter Watch Company, Inc. in NY, NY sold these watches - any information on this company?

Just a little to add.
    The Emil Leichter Co. was in business in 1950 at 551 Fifth Ave. NY.
    They had 19 different names as used by the company.Whether they were all watch names I don't know.Some of the brands were Aquatite, Hyde Park,Glycine, and Packard.
    I have no idea when they went out of business.
    J Smith