Goal: $300, Received: $55.00 (18%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Default Where to find "hard to find" Concord watch parts?

Anyone know of a watchmaker or shop that might have lots of random parts for Concord watches?

I've got a Saratoga SS/18K that's apparently pretty rare as it has a link that looks like all the rest, but that is larger, coming in at 20mm wide.

I need 2 links, but Concord doesn't have them and I've checked everywhere I can think, but with absolutely no success.

I'm figuring my only option is a watchmaker that hordes broken watches that are too damaged to fix.

Basically I need to find a private watch scrapyard.

Anyone know of a place that might fit the bill?

Default Re: Where to find "hard to find" Concord watch parts? (By: StephenCanale)

I have this same question.
    I don't see that Concord has any place where you can order them, and their website looks as if perhaps they are now Chinese?

The part I need is links for a specific 1980s model (Freedom white), without which the exquisite watch is not wearable.

Please respond if you have any ideas at all.

Thanks!

Default Re: Where to find "hard to find" Concord watch parts?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenCanale View Post
    Anyone know of a watchmaker or shop that might have lots of random parts for Concord watches?

I've got a Saratoga SS/18K that's apparently pretty rare as it has a link that looks like all the rest, but that is larger, coming in at 20mm wide.

I need 2 links, but Concord doesn't have them and I've checked everywhere I can think, but with absolutely no success.

I'm figuring my only option is a watchmaker that hordes broken watches that are too damaged to fix.

Basically I need to find a private watch scrapyard.

Anyone know of a place that might fit the bill?
    Welcome to the board. Photos always help...

Default Re: Where to find "hard to find" Concord watch parts? (By: landrew)

I think that the link(s) will be a tough "get" unless you can find a parts watch with the same band being sold somewhere. It's too bad that people either don't hold onto the extra links that are taken out when someone sizes the band. Either that or the person that sizes it doesn't give it back and keeps the links for their own hoard. Regardless, I doubt that you'll find them any other way outside of a parts watch/band. I'd advise saving search on the big online auction site, with alerts sent.

Even if you could contact Concord, many of these brand names are owned by a few groups, Swatch for instance. And most of them seem to make it difficult for non-authorized/factory professionals to buy any parts for their watches.

However, if you do as Accutronica said and post images, the style may ring a bell with someone who has them in their own hoard. In other words, it might be worth a shot to post it here. Good luck.

Default Re: Where to find "hard to find" Concord watch parts? (By: MrRoundel)

Concord Watch Co. is currently owned by Movado Group, along with the Ebel and Esq. brands. Here is the link for the service department in New Jersey.

https://www.mgiservice.com/concord/index.html

It's a big longshot, but you could contact them in case they can get the parts. I would think that is highly doubtful that they would sell you parts, but if you don't ask, you won't get.

Good luck,
    gatorcpa