Goal: $300, Received: $30.00 (10%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Tower Clock Restoration Unfolding and New Guy (By: scootermcrad)

Still looking for information on this striking mechanism

Here's the missing pendulum bob

And the mystery of what was used for weight is solved!

Default Re: Tower Clock Restoration Unfolding and New Guy (By: scootermcrad)

Good morning, Folks! Just a quick update on our project for you.

We've pretty much just been getting organized for fund raising and dealing with the political side of things. We've formed a non-profit group to handle the financial and legal components of this project as well as putting ourselves in the position to handle other community clock projects when they come to light.

In addition, I've created a blog (http://cabarrustimesavers.blogspot.com/) so we can better interface and provide details and updates for the project to our community. We've been receiving a lot of positive input and encouragement from local groups to apply for grants and suggestions that donations are being considered. The unfortunate part is that the County (who is handling the structural part of this project) is going to take forever, but the work has been approved and the community is getting behind us to make this happen. It's starting to feel very real, but we're still far away from being able to remove the clock.

Updates will be slow, but we're still going to continue to fill in the historical timeline for the clock and hopefully locate the purchase record for this clock. That might provide more answers for us.

That's all for now! Still looking for some answers to some of the above questions, mentioned earlier in this thread. Please look through the thread and let me know if there is any additional information that can be provided on some of the mystery items.

Thanks guys!

Default Re: Tower Clock Restoration Unfolding and New Guy

Wow!.....what a huge project.

I can only imagine the excitement but with a lot of anticipation with a heavy dose of patience to add. Yes, please keep this thread updated for as long as it takes to see this project's final completion (also provide as many pictures as possible).

Lastly, I like reading about all types of restoration projects on vintage things such as clocks, automobiles, etc. so this thread has really got my interest. Just a suggestion but from time to time you should record (video) everything associated with the clocks project.
    Last edited by Mr. Time; 04-22-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Default Re: Tower Clock Restoration Unfolding and New Guy (By: Mr. Time)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Time View Post
    Wow!.....what a huge project.

I can only imagine the excitement but with a lot of anticipation with a heavy dose of patience to add. Yes, please keep this thread updated for as long as it takes to see this project's final completion (also provide as many pictures as possible).

Lastly, I like reading about all types of restoration projects on vintage things such as clocks, automobiles, etc. so this thread has really got my interest. Just a suggestion but from time to time you should record (video) everything associated with the clocks project.
    Mr. Time,

I'm on board with you! I'm a big fan of seeing detailed restoration projects. Videos are planned as well and have also been requested by the county, when possible. I have the GoPro standing by. When the clock movement is removed from the tower, I'm hoping to set up a camera in the work space for time-lapse coverage, but we'll see how it all pans out. There are several restoration and fabrication projects going on in the small little work space where this will be done, so it might not work out.