Month's Goal: $300, Received: $0 - (0%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3699 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    Chris-langston

Default New Haven Animated mantel clock

Can anyone identify this clock. It is stamped New Haven on both the upper and lower movements. The lower movement is 8 day T&S with outside escapement. Dial is porcelin. is also signed New Haven with "W. Duke, Sons & Co." in the center of the dial. The little skelleton dose flips every 30 sec for about 30 sec. I know the skelleton is not orig. I made that my self. Dose anybody have one of these that dose have the org. figure? Also who is W. Duke, Sons & Co.?

Chris-langston

Default New Haven Animated mantel clock (RE: Chris-langston)

Can anyone identify this clock. It is stamped New Haven on both the upper and lower movements. The lower movement is 8 day T&S with outside escapement. Dial is porcelin. is also signed New Haven with "W. Duke, Sons & Co." in the center of the dial. The little skelleton dose flips every 30 sec for about 30 sec. I know the skelleton is not orig. I made that my self. Dose anybody have one of these that dose have the org. figure? Also who is W. Duke, Sons & Co.?

mrb

the duke and sons on the dial was added and was the name of the company selling the clock. o/w this is a clock i have never seen before and would hope one of more knowledgable collectors
    could provide some info. based on the photo the background does not seem to be original.
    i have seen some o.g style clocks with paper animated figures before but not this particular clock.

Chris-langston

mrb: You are correct I put the black background in because when I got it there was a part of an old calendar glued to the back. I found some black paper that was close to the kind used in E.N.Welch clocks and used it. I am hopeing someone has an orig so I can copy the correct background and charater.

Chris-langston

oh by the way there are 2 wooden parts that are laying at the bottom of the stage. These are shaped like curtens but my skelleton keeps hitting them so I never glued them back on.