Month's Goal: $300, Received: $0 - (0%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Exclamation Help with Ingersoll US Time Mickey Mouse Watch 1950's?

I have a Mickey Mouse wrist watch that appears to be from the early 1950's based on some details ("Ingersoll" and "WDP" on (round 3/4" face), red numerals, and red dot pixelated Mickey face, and a red band)...

The only thing is the back of the watch appears different then other watches Ive seen from this period... The back says "CHR. PLATED BEZEL" on the top + "US TIME" stamp in the center, and "Stainless Steel Back" and "11 L95"" on the bottom back. This "11 L95" number seems different then other serial numbers of the time... Wondering if I have the real thing or not, and if anyone knows more or less what it might be worth to a collector?
    Thanks so much in advance for any help with this!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mickey (3).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	442.9 KB 
ID:	205182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mickey (5).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	205184
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mickey (2).JPG  

Default Re: Help with Ingersoll US Time Mickey Mouse Watch 1950's? (RE: TanyaB)

Tanya, you might try watchophilia.com. Look at her Mickey Mouse collection, might answer your question.

Default Re: Help with Ingersoll US Time Mickey Mouse Watch 1950's? (RE: Hawk53)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk53 View Post
    Tanya, you might try watchophilia.com. Look at her Mickey Mouse collection, might answer your question.
    I tried watchophilia.com and couldn't find any info on this particular watch that I dont already have. Thank you for the suggestion though, I appreciate it!

Blog Entries

Answers to questions of value are not permitted on this Wrist Watch message board. Toward the bottom of the main page of this MB is a section called "What is a This Watch Worth". For a small fee, you may ask your question there. The U S Time Co. became Timex some time in the mid to late 1940s. U S Time was a collection of companies like Ingersoll, Waterbury, and a few others that don't come to mind. The collectors guide I referred to, pictures your very watch, but doesn't list prices for that model. This could be due to a misprint in which every U S Time Mickey watch is listed as a POCKET watch. To allay any belief that you have a valuable watch, the ones that bring the biggest prices are the early Mickey Mouse watches by the Ingersoll Corp. from the early 1930s, but only if they are pristine and in original boxes with original straps, and all the paperwork. Most character watches of the vintage of yours are listed at about what you would expect to pay for, say, a new Timex, today.

Default Re: Help with Ingersoll US Time Mickey Mouse Watch 1950's? (RE: doug sinclair)

You could try this link to one of the world's most avid and prolific collectors of Mickey Mouse watches, and comment one any watch with a question. Kerry will help all he can, and is the most knowledgable person I know concerning just about any character watch.
    http://www.collectorsweekly.com/user/kerry10456

You could also view all character watches in show and tell on that site, you may find what you need, including onging auctions of such

EDIT: I have since posted a question regarding your watch to Kerry, and am awaiting a reply.
    Last edited by bobbee53; 01-05-2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: additional info!

Hello, This is a 1950-52 smaller Mickey produced by US Time Corp., the WDP was relocated and Ingersoll was dropped off the dial in 1952. These models were produced up to 1958, but as stated earlier, the markings on dial indicate 1950-52, they came with a plastic statue display boxing. Support a simple pin-lever manual wind movement. US Time would become Timex in a few years after this model was made. The strap on this has also been replaced, would have came out with a red patent leather top, stitched to a leather lower. These smaller models,1950-58 are very plentiful, and as Doug suggested, without the packaging and average condition, would be value as noted.
    Last edited by kerry10456; 01-05-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: additional info

Default Re: Help with Ingersoll US Time Mickey Mouse Watch 1950's? (RE: kerry10456)

Does anyone manufacture a reissue duplicat watch strap in patent leather for the 1946/47 US Time Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck wrist watches in red or blue?

Default Re: Help with Ingersoll US Time Mickey Mouse Watch 1950's? (RE: jimtone)

Jim, sent you a pm.