Month's Goal: $300, Received: $0 - (0%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered user. JohnFromRoyalOak's Avatar

Default GIANT Cuckoo Clock

I'm sure many of you have seen this pic on the internet, but this is the first time I've seen this. All I can say is WOW!! Just wanted to share this pic for those that haven't seen this clock. Wish I owned it! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cuckoo-1-704x1024.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	202427

Default Re: GIANT Cuckoo Clock (RE: JohnFromRoyalOak)

I remember going into clock stores in the Black Forrest back in the early 70's and it seemed like every one had a huge cuckoo clock like this on display. Wish I would have bought one back then!

Steve

Default Re: GIANT Cuckoo Clock (RE: LenzkirchFan)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	266.0 KB 
ID:	202590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	202591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	202593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	202594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	343.0 KB 
ID:	202595 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	202596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	202597

Thats Justin out in Utah, Thats a great clock. Ill share a few of my "monsters"
    the first pic is on the strip in Triburg Germany in the heart of the Black forest,
    The clock was new and was priced at 13,000 euro,. (about $18k)
    -2nd is a 50" tall Wehrle flute clock Ca.1880.... .
    -3rd is a 48" tall PHS cuckoo quail clock Ca 1880.
    -4th was bought from a sale in Austria . Klausman made, Ca 1870. 60" tall.
    -5th is a massive carved Beha table clock at 44" tall. Modeled after Pottsdam cathedral in Berlin.
    You gotta love the big boys..

Default Re: GIANT Cuckoo Clock (RE: ANTIQUECUCKOOCLOCK.ORG)

Hey guys - just a reminder that if you post pictures, you have to own them or have permission from the owner to use them. If any of the images posted here do not meet that criteria, please advise so they can be removed.

Default Re: GIANT Cuckoo Clock (RE: shutterbug)

Seriously? Youll have the photos removed? He pulled the image from google, and OBVIOUSLY does not have permission OR own the big hunter clock, of Justins.. I posted a pic of a clock on a store front on a SIDEWALK in Germany... Its in a public place..
    So let me get this right..... If I post a pic of myself, in front of the Eiffel tower, and i dont own the Eiffel tower (yet).... It must be removed because i dont own it? I posted a pic of the Pottsdam cathedral too... and no, I dont own the Pottsdam cathedral.... (yet)
    You will essentially kill this thread. and kill any interest in it...

Blog Entries

Seriously!!! You must own or have permission to use any pictures you post on this message board. It has nothing to do with who owns the item, it is to do with who owns the image. This is all detailed in the rules you must have agreed to when you registered here. If you have not read them, then please click on the yellow "Forum Rules" link at the top right hand side of the page and do so.
    Cheers
    Peter R Lee: AKA (Pee-Tah) from Australia

Default Re: GIANT Cuckoo Clock (RE: leeinv66)

Ill get him permission from Justin. I know him well... give it a stay of execution. Its 4am in UTAH! lol ,,,,
    Jeez.... he pulled it from GOOGLE IMAGES!

Yeah, I got it from Google when I was searching for hunter cuckoo clocks. I just got one (small one) and was trying to find the one I got. Looking at the different styles. When I ran across the pic I thought it was the coolest cuckoo I've ever seen. Sorry I caused any trouble. Thanx ANTIQUE. Your pics are awesome!!

Permission was granted to use the Photo, JohnFromRoyalOak Jeez... lol Thats a nice little hunter clock you have.. it will make a nice addition.

Thanks on the pics, and compliments.. Glad to share, A little hard to share in the tiny little narrow path so carefully carved out but the "rule makers".... but nonetheless glad to show them.

Here is a monster cuckoo I'm currently working on... 4 foot example.

It's unusual as all the animals are alive, nothing is dead. Carving is exquisite (see pics). This one also has a six tune music box. Needs some caring restoration and an overhaul.

Ill update it here when finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg  

Hey Thanx so much ANTIQUE! I agree about the big Cuckoos. They are COOL!! Wish the bird would be giant also. Like some kind of big fat monster bird that no one would want to mess with! lol! You've got a great site. I enjoyed looking at the pics.

Wow. VERY nice BLACK FOREST! Absolutely beautiful!

Forums Administrator harold bain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ANTIQUECUCKOOCLOCK.ORG View Post
    Permission was granted to use the Photo, JohnFromRoyalOak Jeez... lol Thats a nice little hunter clock you have.. it will make a nice addition.

Thanks on the pics, and compliments.. Glad to share, A little hard to share in the tiny little narrow path so carefully carved out but the "rule makers".... but nonetheless glad to show them.

Thanks, Justin, for allowing us to use your picture in post # 1. Very nicely carved clock.
    Jeff, our rules have evolved over the years mostly to protect us from lawsuits. Although many people don't mind sharing their pictures, many others do. I'm not sure how you would react to seeing pictures you own used without your permission elsewhere on the internet. Certainly a picture you took of the cathedral is your picture, not requiring you to own the item you took a picture of. But pictures lifted from someone else's website are considered copyrighted material, and do require permission to use them. However, a link to the picture found on another website is allowed.
    harold bain, Member ch 33
    "If it won't "tick",
    let me "tock" to it"

Default Re: GIANT Cuckoo Clock (RE: harold bain)

Harold, thanks... and thanks to Justin, hey What a carving! how about those EAGLES! Thats some of the best carving i have ever seen. and musical too! wow!
    Man-o-man... what a find.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTIQUECUCKOOCLOCK.ORG View Post
    Jeez.... he pulled it from GOOGLE IMAGES!
    I think that's the exact reason Shutterbug mentioned the permission issue... Google Images is probably the most common source of copyright infringement, as people seem to believe that because it was found there it is public domain, which is not true. Google "Disney" and you will find many thousands of images that can get you in trouble. Though I highly doubt anybody would threaten legal action because a picture they took of a clock that they may or may not own got posted here, it's good to be careful.