Month's Goal: $300, Received: $110.00 - (37%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Post Rapport Mystery Globe clock

Can anyone tell who made the movement for this mantle clock.
    The winder is signed: RAPPORT LONDON.
    This clock was also made for Dent, Frodsham and Thwaites circa 1980.
    Thank you in advance

Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1060011.jpg   P1060016.jpg   P1060018.jpg   P1060021.jpg  

Default Re: Rapport Mystery Globe clock (RE: dekyffe)

Welcome to the Message Board dekyffe. Your photos are surperb and I thank you for posting the interesting clock.

I suspect your "Rapport Mystery Clock" is on of the novelty clocks made to sell to the mail-order trade companies such as the well known in the US "Franklin Mint."

Although made by formerly famous British makers such as Thwaits & Reid, these novelties were designed and made to be offered by adverts in magazines of the kind found in the seat pocket of airliners.

They're not cheap clocks, sometimes well made, but offer little in the way of the former notable suppliers such as Dent, Frodsham et al.

If well preserved, these novelties can be worth a lot of money someday a long time from 1980 when offered at auction by the then future clock collectors.

The above is just my opinion.
    H.J. (Les) Lesovsky, Alhambra California

Default Re: Rapport Mystery Globe clock (RE: Eckmill)

Hi there Eckmill, and thank you for your reply.
    The photo's were taken with my Samsung phone.
    I have since found out that these clocks were made as a limited edition of 5000 by an un-named "mystery" manufacturer for Frodsham, Dent and Thwaites....where Rapport fits in the puzzle I have yet to find out, although what you say is probably correct.
    I have been in contact with Rapport via e-mail and I am waiting for some closure on this.
    subject
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckmill View Post
    Welcome to the Message Board dekyffe. Your photos are surperb and I thank you for posting the interesting clock.

I suspect your "Rapport Mystery Clock" is on of the novelty clocks made to sell to the mail-order trade companies such as the well known in the US "Franklin Mint."

Although made by formerly famous British makers such as Thwaits & Reid, these novelties were designed and made to be offered by adverts in magazines of the kind found in the seat pocket of airliners.

They're not cheap clocks, sometimes well made, but offer little in the way of the former notable suppliers such as Dent, Frodsham et al.

If well preserved, these novelties can be worth a lot of money someday a long time from 1980 when offered at auction by the then future clock collectors.

The above is just my opinion.