Thread: Mainspring, measuring length of
09-15-2013, 11:24 PM #1
Mainspring, measuring length of
1. Hook the coils of the spring over something.
2. Work your way down to the inner few coils.
3. Lay the tape measure on the spring and hold it.
4. Continue to hold it against the spring as you work your way back down to the outer end.
5. Note the length. Add 3 or 4 inches for the inner coils. It doesn't have to be absolutely exact.
11-28-2014, 11:45 PM #2
By Skinhead John in forum Clocks General.Replies: 3Last Post: 11-06-2012, 08:05 AM
By Rob P. in forum Clock Construction.Replies: 5Last Post: 01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
By berntd in forum Watch RepairReplies: 5Last Post: 09-13-2011, 06:11 PM
By DaveyG in forum Watch RepairReplies: 7Last Post: 10-21-2010, 05:30 PM
By 107WestStreet in forum Watch RepairReplies: 2Last Post: 05-19-2006, 12:46 PM