Month's Goal: $300, Received: $25.00 - (8%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 404 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Goldbühl?

Default Goldbühl?

I bought this West German 50's-60's alarm clock at a flea market for a buck after finding it in a box of junk. At that point, it wasn't working, but when I shook it a few times, of it went. Now, the only thing wrong with it is it's cracked glass. I really like the shape of this clock. Has anyone heard of it's maker, Goldbühl? Thanks!
    Regards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Default Re: Goldbühl? (RE: Ticktocktime100)

As far as I know Goldbuhl was the tradename of Fichter KG. They made lots of alarm clocks - I have a very fancy little clock, all gold (coloured!) and red swirls.

JTD

Default Re: Goldbühl? (RE: JTD)

Quote Originally Posted by JTD View Post
    As far as I know Goldbuhl was the tradename of Fichter KG. They made lots of alarm clocks - I have a very fancy little clock, all gold (coloured!) and red swirls.

JTD
    Yes "Goldbühl" was the trademark of Fichter KG. "Goldbühl" is the name of a hill in Villingen/BF, were Fichter KG was located. (Goldbühl= golden hill)

According the "lexikon" Fichter KG was founded 1949 and went bankrupt in 1976.

TTT: The trademarks and history aof nearly all German clocks and watches of the time 1850-1980 you find in "Lexikon der deutschen Uhrenindustrie 1850-1980". A very useful book! See the review:

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?8...trie-1850-1980

Regards!

albra
    Last edited by Albra; 06-18-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Default Re: Goldbühl? (RE: Albra)

Albra, thank you so much for your helpful information, as always. Thank you also JTD, it sounds like you have a very nice clock!
    Regards.

Default Re: Goldbühl? (RE: Ticktocktime100)

TTT, actually, probably the best known clock by Goldbühl is a plastic type of alarm clock with
    a turning ballerina.
    http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?7...ight=ballerina
    Jurgen "tempus nostrum"

Default Re: Goldbühl? (RE: soaringjoy)

Thank you so much also Soaringjoy! That's good to know if I see one!
    Regards.

Default Re: Goldbühl? (RE: soaringjoy)

Quote Originally Posted by soaringjoy View Post
    TTT, actually, probably the best known clock by Goldbühl is a plastic type of alarm clock with a turning ballerina.
    Not allone Fichter made clocks with turning ballerinas. Several others too. But may be Fichter was first.

albra

Default Re: Goldbühl? (RE: Albra)

That's right, Albra. But I meant exactly the clock Burkhard showed.
    Jurgen "tempus nostrum"