Goal: $300, Received: $360.00 (120%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to post a picture from your iPad? (By: wow)

Posting from the Message Board history is a bit more complicated. You first need to click on the button to put your editor into Advanced Mode. That will show a larger toolbar with a paperclip icon in it. If you click on the paperclip, it will open the Asset Manager that controls your previously posted attachments. It can be a bit difficult to find images there, but they are in chronological order by default.

Once you see an image there, you can drag it into the insertion tray at the bottom of the Asset Manager window. Each thumbnail has a checkbox in its corner. You can check or uncheck those to control which ones will be inserted in-line in your text when you click the button to insert them. Any that are in the tray and not checked will be posted in the attachments box when you submit your post.

You can also access the attachments by using the pink and purple down arrow in the simple editor tool bar. That interface is an add-on and not quite as well designed at the Attachment Manager. However, it will show you pictures of your attachments and allow you to say how you want them inserted. You can insert thumbnails only, or full size only, or a thumbnail linked to a full size image. The confusing bit is that it happens when you click on a picture with no further dialog. So when you close that tool any pictures that you clicked will be sitting there posted in-line. That tool does not put pictures in the attachment box, only in the post.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    If you don't learn to laugh at trouble,
    you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
    Will Rogers

Default Re: How to post a picture from your iPad? (By: Tom McIntyre)

Thanks Tom. I did what you said....clicked on "go advanced" and the larger window appeared, but no paper clip. The only thing there is the "post icons" at the bottom of the window. I am using my iPad. Where is the paper clip?
    Will Walker (WOW)

http://mb.nawcc.org/images/misc/question_icon.gif
    I tried again by holding down a photo in the history photos section and copied it. Then closed that section and went back to this thread and pasted it. Here's what happened.

Obviously it didn't work.
    Will Walker (WOW)

Blog Entries

I cannot see your screen, so I will post a picture of mine. In the top row of buttons from left to right.

1. A/A Is the button to change from standard editor to WYSIWYG Editor
    2. AxA is the button to remove all formatting.
    3. Is to paste into the document.
    4. Is to paste into the document from Word (or other Microsoft Office program)
    5. Select the font to use
    6. Select the font size
    7. Select the text color
    8. Insert an emoticon
    9, Paper Clip to invoke the attachment manager

There is what they look like on my screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails advmenu.jpg  
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    Will Rogers

When I click on "reply to thread", I only get a blank window with "post icons" at the bottom of the window. Nothing like yours.
    Will Walker (WOW)

Blog Entries

The editor was disabled in your profile. I changed it to Standard Editor. Please try again.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    Will Rogers

Well, it looks like it worked. It only worked with the purple down arrow. I tried with the paper clip and it would not let me drag photos. I tried to copy and paste, but that would not work either. When I clicked on "done", a window asked me to drag photos but they won't drag. Using the purple arrow is fine, though. Thanks, Tom. You are a huge help.
    Will
    Will Walker (WOW)

The paper clip is very useful for attaching something like a PDF file.
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

Well, it looks like it worked. It only worked with the purple down arrow. I tried with the paper clip and it would not let me drag photos. I tried to copy and paste, but that would not work either. When I clicked on "done", a window asked me to drag photos but they won't drag. Using the purple arrow is fine, though. Thanks, Tom. You are a huge help.
    Will
    Our post editor does not directly support drag and drop. The tools use uploaders where one opens a file selection window on your device and choose the files you want to upload. The vBulletin developers modified the standard editor so much that the newer features such as drag and drop are very difficult to implement.

There is a file selection function on the camera icon and on the paperclip. It is a little old fashioned being about 3 years old at this time, but it is what we have.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    Will Rogers