Goal: $300, Received: $305.00 (102%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered user.

Default How to post a picture from your iPad?

Sorry for such a bone question so soon after my arrival but how? Is it possible? I've read the 'how to post...' for PCs and Laptops and it all seems very straight forward but the iPad behaves very differently. I've used the search function and drawn a blank; grateful for a point in the right direction.

Rgds

John

Default Re: How to post a picture from your iPad? (By: jwl940)

See if this helps, John (post #3)

Default Re: How to post a picture from your iPad? (By: shutterbug)

I have moved this to the Message Board Problems/Comments forum.
    “If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out.” - Oscar Wilde

Registered user.

Default Re: How to post a picture from your iPad? (By: Steven Thornberry)

Sorry admin, my mistake, I was trying to put up some pics in the Clock Forum and didn't think to put this elsewhere.

Shutterbug, trying your tip now - watch this space

Registered user.

Ah, that was easy just like my UK forums but I read somewhere that the 'other' method is preferred as all photos then remain on the site whereas the Photobucket method relies on me not deleting them from PB for them to stay on the site. Thanks for the handhold however, I'll use PB until told otherwise and apologies again for another noob mistake.

Rgds

John

Blog Entries

We do not have fully integrated support for mobile devices yet. We are planning to implement that in the near future.

In the meantime, you can try ForumRunner from the Android or iPhone app stores that will give you picture uploading support.

It is better to upload pictures to this site than to reference them on Photobucket or some other external site for long term stability. I.e. Photobucket may go away some day and leave ugly little red x's here in place of pictures.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    If you don't learn to laugh at trouble,
    you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
    Will Rogers

Registered user.

Default Re: How to post a picture from your iPad? (By: Tom McIntyre)

Thanks Tom

I'll give that a go before starting a thread with photos; I know how annoying those LRXs can be. Thanks.

Rgds

John

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	180792I have just posted this picture using my iPad. It works the same way on my PC and my laptop. One difference I have found is that dragging a previously posted picture to the area where it can be uploaded, doesn't work the way I expected it should, on the iPad.
    Last edited by doug sinclair; 06-12-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Registered user.

Default Re: How to post a picture from your iPad? (By: doug sinclair)

Thanks for that Doug. I am guessing you didn't use the forum's Insert Image button so the question is what external (to the Forum) App did you use? My weeks tend to be spent in hotels around the UK and Europe and I haven't had a chance of trying ForumRunner yet as suggested by Tom, hopefully this weekend unless I learn something else.

That is a seriously nice looking movement you've posted but I'll resist the temptation of thread drift by getting into a discussion about it.

Rgds

John

Blog Entries

The photo you wish to post must be in the photo files on your iPad. When you start a thread or reply to one into which you want to insert a picture, type your message, then look just below the text screen for GO ADVANCED, and click on it. Now, scroll down until you see MANAGE ATTACHMENTS, and click on it. Look for a drop down, and locate the ADD FILES box and click on it. Look for a drop down that says CHOOSE FILES, and click on it. This will lead you to the photo files on your computer. Locate the file that contains the photo you want to upload, and click on it. Locate the particular photo, and click on it. Look for a box that says either SELECT or UPLOAD and click on it. The photo should appear as a thumbnail on your screen in a second or two. Look for UPLOAD or INSERT IN LINE, and click on one or the other. Then look for an invitation to post your reply. Look for a brief PM about the watch I posted.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by doug sinclair; 06-12-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Registered user.

Does this work? Aha! Doug that's magic, thanks. If Tom is happy for me to use this method then i'm 'good to go'.

Thanks again Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Blog Entries

You can use any method you like, of course, but I prefer this method.

It should also work ftor a single image if you can see and click on the small icon with a picture of a landscape. It also had the option to load from either your local files or a URL and a checkbox to let you upload whichever it is to this site. If you select to post from your local files, it will always upload, but for a URL it will also allow you to reference it in place on the "foreign" site.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    Will Rogers

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to post a picture from your iPad? (By: Tom McIntyre)

I guess I have been posting pictures the hard way! I have never explored the "picture" icon just above the message screen. I just now tried it, and it appears that the method eliminates a whole bunch of steps that the method I use involves. In any event, regardless of which method you used, I see you are now posting pictures. Good on ya!

Blog Entries

One of the main features of the new software we released a bit over a year ago was improved picture handling. At that time I wrote a farily detailed article on the subject and published it in the article area we call Timely Topics. It will probably need revision with the new release coming this weekend, but it is still largely correct. http://mb.nawcc.org/content.php?9-Picture-Handling
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by doug sinclair View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	180792I have just posted this picture using my iPad. It works the same way on my PC and my laptop. One difference I have found is that dragging a previously posted picture to the area where it can be uploaded, doesn't work the way I expected it should, on the iPad.
    I use my iPad frequently on the MB and this thread helped me figure out how to post photos that are in my iPad files. I still cannot figure out how to post photos that are previously posted on the MB which are stored on the MB site files only. Please help me understand. The photo posted came from my iPad photo stream. Thanks, Will
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Will Walker (WOW)