Month's Goal: $300, Received: $240.00 - (80%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 574 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Hermle spring barrels

Is there any way to tell which movements use no 20 or 21 barrels. I need two 20's which I understand is the same as no 21. Merritt's has repairman movements for $25, could be a cheap source of barrels and springs. Thanks for any help. Bob.

Default Re: Hermle spring barrels (RE: Bob Fisher)

Hello Bob, the 20 and 21 barrels are used in gthe 150 and 151 series of Hermle clocks. Why are you needing barrels ? they are not too tough to rebush. anyway I hope this helps.........tkd

Default Re: Hermle spring barrels (RE: The Klock Dok)

Thanks TheK,

I was getting ready to dig into mount Hermle. The caps can be bought new, but the arbors will eat them up in a short while better to just replace the whole thing.

Bob,

Getting these return movements should be a good way to go, as long at the trouble they had was NOT with the barrel assembly. Tell them to check the barrels at the hook. If there has been a problem this hook ares will be pooched out.

Willie X

Default Re: Hermle spring barrels (RE: Willie X)

Timesavers catalog has a chart for which barrels and which springs go with which Hermle movements.
    1. Check out the REPAIR HINTS & HOW-TO's forum! Click Here.