PDA

View Full Version : Hermle 1151-050H/94cm BRAND NEW MOVEMENT QUERY

NEWOSA65
03-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a brand new hermle triple chime 1151-050H/94cm movement with the autonight silence feature.

I have a query with regards to the moon gear that is fitted to this movement.... I require to fit a Hermle moon dial (which fits perfectly well). The moon gear meshes as it should with the 1st gear on the rear of the dial. However, if the hands are pushed too far back towards the dial the gears on rear of dial become seperated hence no drive for the moon disc???!

I have inspected the moon gear on the handshaft... however this gear is also used for the autonight silence feature. Can anyone tell me if the moon gear is an individual component which can be adjusted slightly backwards or forwards on the handshaft? There is a small screw that requires an Allen Key which i did loosen but it seems, unless i am mistaken, that the moon gear is an integral part of another component??? So just wondering to all whom is familiar with this movement whether the moon gear can be re-positioned?

Thank you in advance for all your help,

Kind regards,

Simon

ps i am asking as i do not wish to damage anything if it is joined and therefore cannot be moved from this position on the handshaft..

MARK A. BUTTERWORTH
03-03-2013, 08:11 AM
The moon gear is a totally different gear from the anso gear. The first goes on the dial side of the second.

shutterbug
03-03-2013, 08:49 AM
So the answer to your question is, yes, go ahead and move the gear until it meshes with the moon dial gears.

NEWOSA65
03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks very much Mark - moon gear is indeed sererate.. however, i may have messed up the night silencing time as i think i have refitted moon gear wrongly (not engaged it as it was initially in relation to handshaft and the night silence gear) Will check it out but i am guessing that this does matter?! Thanks Mark, Shutterbug :)

MARK A. BUTTERWORTH
03-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks very much Mark - moon gear is indeed sererate.. however, i may have messed up the night silencing time as i think i have refitted moon gear wrongly (not engaged it as it was initially in relation to handshaft and the night silence gear) Will check it out but i am guessing that this does matter?! Thanks Mark, Shutterbug :)
Right. It does matter. The gear portion or side of the moon gear must be toward the dial with the hub toward the movement. As Shutterbug stated, the moon gear is then aligned along the hour tube front to back so it mates with the gear on the dial itself.

NEWOSA65
03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi Mark,

I didn't describe clearly exactly what I wanted to ask... what i meant was, i have not actually replaced the moon gear in the exact location as it was originally in relation to the night silence gear. That is, the clock is now silencing from 6:30pm to 3:30am, whereas it was silencing from 10pm to 7am? Problem is that i do not now have the first clue how to reposition the moon gear on the handshaft to correct this to the original night silencing period of 10pm to 7am?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Simon

NEWOSA65
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
I've been thinking of a way to deal with this... if i find where the night silence starts - note the time - then slide moon gear out of mesh with autonight silence gear and then rotate hands until the correct time of the night silence is reached and then push moon gear carefully in place (engaging with night silence gear) and retighten?? Hopefully that may work??!! I add further comments later this evening..

shutterbug
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
The moon gear is separate, and not involved. To adjust the silence feature, wait until it activates, and move the snail to the time you want that activation to occur. You might have to tweak the position by a tooth or two to get good synch at certain hours. I'm assuming you know how to adjust the snail, but if not we can help.