PDA

View Full Version : Boulevard watch

ccmnova
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I have an old Boulevard mens watch (rect face, sep second hand) that i believe is from the 1940's. I wear this watch regularly and have had it fixed (cleaned, stem replaced) three times over the last 20 years. There is a history of the watch repairs listed inside the case going back to 1960. Does anyone know who manufactured this watch and where it was made ?
ccmnova@comcast.net

ccmnova
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I have an old Boulevard mens watch (rect face, sep second hand) that i believe is from the 1940's. I wear this watch regularly and have had it fixed (cleaned, stem replaced) three times over the last 20 years. There is a history of the watch repairs listed inside the case going back to 1960. Does anyone know who manufactured this watch and where it was made ?
ccmnova@comcast.net

Tom Huber
05-17-2006, 11:46 AM
I was told by an old jeweler that these were a Bulova product made, imported and sold during WW-II. The Boulevard name was used somehow to get by the wartime production limits imposed on Bulova and other watch companies. Has anyone else heard this?

Tom

neighmond
05-18-2006, 01:04 AM
An outfit named Mead(e) imported them-I have one with an AS movement that is well finished and about as reliable as anything else.

ccmnova
05-18-2006, 07:06 AM
I have heard of "Mead" - were these Boulevard watches Swiss made and any idea of the time period - 1940's ?

John F
05-18-2006, 11:32 AM
M.A. Mead & Co., a Chicago watch distributor, trademarked the "Boulevard" name in 1922 for use on both watches and cases. I believe the name appears on both US-made and imported products.

ccmnova
05-18-2006, 12:07 PM
So Mead was not a watchmaker and only marketed the Boulevard name and the watch that they imported. I believe that the watch that I have is from the 40's but really don't know how to establish a timeperiod. Thanks for the information.