PDA

View Full Version : Wagner Watch Co.

Greg Crockett
10-01-2001, 12:40 PM
I have a 15 jewel, off-set seconds, fixed-lug wristwatch marked Wagner on the dial with a "W" trademark within an upside-down triangle under that. The dial is also marked, "Wasserdicht Stossicher" It appears to have been made in the mid to late 1930's. The movement has the same "W" in a triangle trademark with the number "810" next to that. Perhaps a caliber designation? The works are also marked, "15 Rubis". The back is marked "RLM" (Rich Luft Ministerium), an early German Air force designation, along with the number 4155.

I know Wagner made watches for the German military, and sometimes they used Swiss movements. However, I don't know much about the Wagner company itself. Was it a German company or Swiss? Thanks for your input.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Crockett
10-01-2001, 12:40 PM
I have a 15 jewel, off-set seconds, fixed-lug wristwatch marked Wagner on the dial with a "W" trademark within an upside-down triangle under that. The dial is also marked, "Wasserdicht Stossicher" It appears to have been made in the mid to late 1930's. The movement has the same "W" in a triangle trademark with the number "810" next to that. Perhaps a caliber designation? The works are also marked, "15 Rubis". The back is marked "RLM" (Rich Luft Ministerium), an early German Air force designation, along with the number 4155.

I know Wagner made watches for the German military, and sometimes they used Swiss movements. However, I don't know much about the Wagner company itself. Was it a German company or Swiss? Thanks for your input.

Best regards,
Greg