PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Clock Side Arms

rwidman
03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Not too long ago I bought a Mason & Sullivan reproduction banjo clock that had been assembled from a kit in the 1970s. Someone from this forum was able to provide an original Mason & Sullivan bracket. The clock is simmilar to this one:

http://ebaylive.artfact.com/livePhotos/ferrell/13763/240.0_mid.jpg

I am trying to find a source for the brass side arms.
I have an old mason & Sullivan catalog that describs these arms as #3 arms. I bought a set of arms on e-bay that are a little over 12" long but they are too short for this clock. It looks like I need arms a little over 13" in length.

I've searched the Internet, e-bay, etc. without success. Anyone have an idea where I can find these brass arms.

shutterbug
03-05-2007, 04:25 PM
If you can't find some, it looks like they could be made out of a sheet of brass by a skilled metal worker. Maybe even someone here would tackle it.

John Nagle
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Duplicate Willard style used to be available from Armando Cimino. He used to advertise in the mart.

rwidman
03-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Duplicate Willard style used to be available from Armando Cimino. He used to advertise in the mart.

Thanks. It looks like the mart is down for a while. :(

John Nagle
03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Armando Cimino
41 Fenley St.
Revere,Mass.02151

I don't know his telephone # Send him a sase 5x7 with two stamps should cover his catalog to you.

rwidman
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
John,

Thanks, I'll do that.

Andy Dervan
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Hello Rwidman,

Unfortunately Armando Cimino passed away several years ago.

I suggest contacting Bob Hynes - 781-293-9478; he took over Foster Campos's business. His sidearms are 13 5/8 inches long.

Andy Dervan

John Nagle
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks Andy, sorry to hear that news. One of the real downers is assuming someone is still around because they seemed to have always been there and finding they are gone. I always approach the Necrology page with some trepidition because chances are good someone who has crossed my path is now gone.

I just saw a post by Jon asking for info on someone. Maybe a section could be added to the message board that could be used to alert people in a more timely manner than the Bulletin.