PDA

View Full Version : Members Only Forum News

IMHO
01-22-2004, 01:02 AM
May I suggest that all NAWCC members make use of the NAWCC Members Only forum established at Yahoo.com to view and participate in current topics such as:

Advice Sought
Advice Sought On Specific Scenarios
and
How Some Do Not Support the NAWCC

It's your NAWCC members only resource for open discussion for any NAWCC issue you wish to discuss, and without censorship, so that the public need not be exposed to any "dirty laundry" which might exist.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nawcc/

to gain access to this member benefit.

Dave Chaplain
NAWCC #152553

ps. the link is now 'hot'

[This message was edited by Dave Chaplain on January 23, 2004 at 11:43.]

IMHO
01-22-2004, 01:02 AM
May I suggest that all NAWCC members make use of the NAWCC Members Only forum established at Yahoo.com to view and participate in current topics such as:

Advice Sought
Advice Sought On Specific Scenarios
and
How Some Do Not Support the NAWCC

It's your NAWCC members only resource for open discussion for any NAWCC issue you wish to discuss, and without censorship, so that the public need not be exposed to any "dirty laundry" which might exist.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nawcc/

to gain access to this member benefit.

Dave Chaplain
NAWCC #152553

ps. the link is now 'hot'

[This message was edited by Dave Chaplain on January 23, 2004 at 11:43.]

Joe Collins
06-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Thought I would bring this thread back to the top for the benefit of new members that may not be aware of the Yahoo Site.

Joe

Larry S
06-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Considering a current problem that one member is having, this is a vital resource

Larry

Glyn Meredith
06-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Dave's comment that the Yahoo NAWCC discussion list exists "without censorship, so that the public need not be exposed to any "dirty laundry" which might exist." is not the full story. There are some posters on that list who detract from and downgrade level-headed, serious discussion by posting blatantly defamatory statements about other members. I've seen this twice in recent weeks.

Intelligent moderation is not "censorship."

"Dirty laundry" is also a euphemism for "things we would prefer you didn't take us to task for" so, may I also advise all here that any NAWCC member may participate in discussion about NAWCC business, policy, governance, etc. on the Global Horology Message Board (currently in process of applying for a NAWCC charter).

We have around 290 members signed up and if you can post in a civil and level-headed manner, we welcome your participation. It's on our mission statement.

Glyn
Click Here for Global Horology Message Board (http://www.global-horology.com)

watcheswanted
06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
The members yahoo site has helped me in search of a way to resolve my situation...ALL I WANT IS MY WATCH BACK...cliff

bangster
06-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Thought I would bring this thread back to the top for the benefit of new members that may not be aware of the Yahoo Site.

Joe

In order to monitor the site, Yahoo requires you to give them personal information that I am not prepared to give them. My gender and birth date ain't none of their business. Also, you gotta agree to let them send you spam about Yahoo goings-on. Sorry.

bangster

Tony Ambruso
06-09-2008, 09:48 AM
I have to agree: I don't do very much with any site that comes from Yahoo. I am not sure of the reasons exactly, but my firewall finds even most news stories "unpostable" on my computer. I have trouble with business sites that are associated with Yahoo. Can't make purchases. I tried to give Yahoo my most liberal settings with no success. Yet, I do a lot of business on the Internet. Their website is very probing, and they don't seem to give unless they get, if you know what I mean?

I also agree with their wanting a lot of information for granting you access to their website.